Jun 18, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I transferred from cc with cGPA: 3.91 and sGPA: 3.88. I finished all of my prereqs here except biochemistry and took a total of 90 semester units.
At my uni, I'm graduating with cGPA: 3.85 and sGPA: 3.73 with a total of 74 quarter units (50 semester units). I did have a strong upward trend (junior gpa 3.74 ---> senior gpa 3.97)
Combined, my cGPA is 3.88 and sGPA is 3.84

Looking at my transcript, 2 things stand out:
a) My sGPA is significantly lower at unit than at cc
b) I took more courses at cc than at uni. (I also had 13 units already from dual enrollement in high school)
c) In the 3 class biochem series at uni, I made B, B+, and A

Is this a red flag or am I being too neurotic?

Mar 14, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I transferred from cc with cGPA: 3.91 and sGPA: 3.88. I finished all of my prereqs here except biochemistry and took a total of 90 semester units.
At my uni, I'm graduating with cGPA: 3.85 and sGPA: 3.73 with a total of 74 quarter units (50 semester units). I did have a strong upward trend (junior gpa 3.74 ---> senior gpa 3.97)

b) I took more courses at cc than at uni. (I also had 13 units already from dual enrollement in high school)

Neurotic. A move from 3.88 to 3.73 is not "significant"; it's a dip explained by your move from CC your junior year. You adjusted senior year. Your grades are basically the same, and your GPA moved by 0.03/0.04. A one year move is not a "strong trend" (it's a one-year blip up), but you are totally fine with respect to your GPA. Worry about something else! :)

EdgeTrimmer

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2018
Status
  1. Non-Student
Is the biochem only course you took at univ? How many credits is that? Any other higher level science scores? Good MCAT score will help to alleviate any doubts about premed courses from CC.

About the Ads
Mar 14, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Is the biochem only course you took at univ? How many credits is that? Any other higher level science scores? Good MCAT score will help to alleviate any doubts about premed courses from CC.
Not so fast -- he's not going to have an issue with prereqs at a CC because he didn't take them outside the 4 year school to avoid the rigor; he took them there because that's where he was matriculated. With his grades, he's fine as far as GPA goes. He just needs to make sure all other elements, like MCAT, are in order.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student

Xanax time

Reactions: 1 user
Jun 18, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So, the biochem course was 3 classes long for total of 9 quarter units. I also took microbio and genetics ( 7 quarter units) in which I got B+. The rest of the sciences courses were physiology, 2 ecology classes, evolution, upper div stats, and paleobiology in which I made As (25 quarter units). I mentioned biochem in my post because that was the only med school prereq I took at uni.
I guess I'm being too neurotic but that's what happens when you're stuck in your house for over 2 months.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads