GPA trend question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

autolifefire

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I transferred from cc with cGPA: 3.91 and sGPA: 3.88. I finished all of my prereqs here except biochemistry and took a total of 90 semester units.
At my uni, I'm graduating with cGPA: 3.85 and sGPA: 3.73 with a total of 74 quarter units (50 semester units). I did have a strong upward trend (junior gpa 3.74 ---> senior gpa 3.97)
Combined, my cGPA is 3.88 and sGPA is 3.84

Looking at my transcript, 2 things stand out:
a) My sGPA is significantly lower at unit than at cc
b) I took more courses at cc than at uni. (I also had 13 units already from dual enrollement in high school)
c) In the 3 class biochem series at uni, I made B, B+, and A

Is this a red flag or am I being too neurotic?
Neurotic. A move from 3.88 to 3.73 is not "significant"; it's a dip explained by your move from CC your junior year. You adjusted senior year. Your grades are basically the same, and your GPA moved by 0.03/0.04. A one year move is not a "strong trend" (it's a one-year blip up), but you are totally fine with respect to your GPA. Worry about something else! :)

Is the biochem only course you took at univ? How many credits is that? Any other higher level science scores? Good MCAT score will help to alleviate any doubts about premed courses from CC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the biochem only course you took at univ? How many credits is that? Any other higher level science scores? Good MCAT score will help to alleviate any doubts about premed courses from CC.
Not so fast -- he's not going to have an issue with prereqs at a CC because he didn't take them outside the 4 year school to avoid the rigor; he took them there because that's where he was matriculated. With his grades, he's fine as far as GPA goes. He just needs to make sure all other elements, like MCAT, are in order.

I transferred from cc with cGPA: 3.91 and sGPA: 3.88. I finished all of my prereqs here except biochemistry and took a total of 90 semester units.
At my uni, I'm graduating with cGPA: 3.85 and sGPA: 3.73 with a total of 74 quarter units (50 semester units). I did have a strong upward trend (junior gpa 3.74 ---> senior gpa 3.97)
Combined, my cGPA is 3.88 and sGPA is 3.84

Looking at my transcript, 2 things stand out:
a) My sGPA is significantly lower at unit than at cc
b) I took more courses at cc than at uni. (I also had 13 units already from dual enrollement in high school)
c) In the 3 class biochem series at uni, I made B, B+, and A

Is this a red flag or am I being too neurotic?
Xanax time

Reactions: 1 user
Was on my phone waiting for my wife shopping. Couldn't access it.
Can you please edit the post when you get a chance? Your fans have certain expectations. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users