GPA will possibly drop during my senior year prior to matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yihaej12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa right now is a solid 4.0/3.95 but this upcoming semester, I will be taking one of the hardest classes at my school. This is for a fact because I do class statistics for work at my college and this class has the highest number of failures amongst any other class on campus. And Ive heard nothing but horror stories about the professor from straight A students who can barely make a B.

So with that said, I feel as though I may end up getting a C (or B) in this class for both semesters (upper division human anatomy and physiology). Will that adversely affect my enrollment status if i have already accepted an offer of admission?

Also, I have the alternative of taking the non-upper division human anatomy and physiology sequence which a lot of students tend to do a lot better in. Students who have taken both the upper and non upper division tell me that they actually learned more in the non upper division class.

Im stuck on the fence because I'm thinking of possibly taking the non-upper anatomy sequence. But one of the schools I'm applying to (OHSU) strongly prefers the upper. Will i be completely taken out of the running if i take the non-upper anatomy? Anyone here accepted to OHSU with non-upper division anatomy?

Its the only school on my list that even prefers an upper division...so idk if risking the lower gpa will be worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you at University of Hawaii or Hawaii Pacific University?
Im at the university of Hawaii!

and yeah i get where you're coming from. I just don't know if it will be worth it to put myself through the anguish of the 301 class just for one school because I've only ever heard bad things about it. And i will have to miss classes for interviews (granted i get any) as well. I just don't know if i will be able to do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? You have a perfect record and worry about possibly getting a passing grade? I'll let you know if D-schools reject me and tell me it's because I got an F in Orgo.

Take the upper-level course and learn more. It'll prepare you for D1.

You reveal yourself as a perfectionist and it's perfectly normal to not be one. I've been there, but it's unhealthy some times.

Reactions: 1 user
Really? You have a perfect record and worry about possibly getting a passing grade? I'll let you know if D-schools reject me and tell me it's because I got an F in Orgo.

Take the upper-level course and learn more. It'll prepare you for D1.

You reveal yourself as a perfectionist and it's perfectly normal to not be one. I've been there, but it's unhealthy some times.

Yes, you're right, I'm a perfectionist with a bad habit of overthinking/worrying excessively...i have a hard time trusting my abilities but alright. Ill think about taking the upper-level if it means ill be better prepared for D1.