GPA worries- per usual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rareef31

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a third year student at the University of Texas at Austin. I have some worries regarding my GPA, I have yet to take the MCAT.

Here is a summary of my GPA

1st year- overall GPA= 3.7, BCPM GPA = 3.5
2nd year (1st at UT)- overall GPA = 3.5, BCPM = 3.4
3rd year fall semester - overall = 3.7, BCPM= 3.5

Now here is the problem, I have faltered this spring semester. I am in danger of getting all Bs and my GPA being a 3.0 this semester, that would bring my overall college GPA down to a 3.5. I plan on taking the MCAT in the summer/fall and taking a year off. I am most worried about the GPA trend, if I pull myself back up my senior year is that enough? I can still pull of a overall 3.5 and science 3.6 but I'll have to get a 100 on my next physics exam and biochemistry final.

I also understand that my GPA currently (without this semester) is fine, just want to know what I can do to enhance my application! Words of encouragement are also welcome lol

thanks
 
Last edited:
**** happens. What's done is done. Hopefully you learned from the experience and will do better in the future. A few B's won't keep you out of medical school, but a downward trend will. So finish up and do better next time.
 
**** happens. What's done is done. Hopefully you learned from the experience and will do better in the future. A few B's won't keep you out of medical school, but a downward trend will. So finish up and do better next time.

Thanks!