GPA worries- per usual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rareef31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a third year student at the University of Texas at Austin. I have some worries regarding my GPA, I have yet to take the MCAT.

Here is a summary of my GPA

1st year- overall GPA= 3.7, BCPM GPA = 3.5
2nd year (1st at UT)- overall GPA = 3.5, BCPM = 3.4
3rd year fall semester - overall = 3.7, BCPM= 3.5

Now here is the problem, I have faltered this spring semester. I am in danger of getting all Bs and my GPA being a 3.0 this semester, that would bring my overall college GPA down to a 3.5. I plan on taking the MCAT in the summer/fall and taking a year off. I am most worried about the GPA trend, if I pull myself back up my senior year is that enough? I can still pull of a overall 3.5 and science 3.6 but I'll have to get a 100 on my next physics exam and biochemistry final.

I also understand that my GPA currently (without this semester) is fine, just want to know what I can do to enhance my application! Words of encouragement are also welcome lol

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
**** happens. What's done is done. Hopefully you learned from the experience and will do better in the future. A few B's won't keep you out of medical school, but a downward trend will. So finish up and do better next time.

Reactions: 1 user
**** happens. What's done is done. Hopefully you learned from the experience and will do better in the future. A few B's won't keep you out of medical school, but a downward trend will. So finish up and do better next time.

Thanks!