Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do ADCOMS look at your cumulative gpa or your adjusted gpa? I retook a history class to replace one of my grades. Is history important to adcoms?

Members don't see this ad.

repeated courses are averaged into the cumulative gpa on your amcas. therefore, if you retake courses, your amcas gpa may appear lower than the gpa calculated by your university. both, your cumulative gpa and your science gpa are reported on amcas and examined by an admissions committee

Speaking of AMCAS calculation of GPAs...To how many decimal places does AMCAS calculate GPAs? For instance would a 3.496 be repoorted as such or as a 3.50?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Obsidian
Speaking of AMCAS calculation of GPAs...To how many decimal places does AMCAS calculate GPAs? For instance would a 3.496 be repoorted as such or as a 3.50?

I'm pretty sure it's two decimal places, but it wouldn't make a difference. There is NO difference between those two GPAs. Honestly, if it's between a 3.9 and a 3.2, yes. A 3.4 and a 3.5? None. Please relax.... I know it's hard, but take a deep breath... it will all be ok!

- Quid :)

well, there is *some* difference...for example, schools that use a formula combining science gpa, cumulative gpa, and mcat score...a 3.4 and a 3.5 will result in a lower formualaic score..but, you are right in that it will not alter the overall picture of an applicant very much.