SloppyJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I was looking at the AADSAS website for gpa calculation, and it seems that they don't figure in the pluses and the minuses? ie. A- or C+,..........is this the case?

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2001
Washington, DC
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
that sheet in the ADEA.ORG website is wack. They do count +/- grades. However, if you go to a school like mine (university of washington) we use a point scale system. For example, we will not get an A on our transcript, but a number like 3.8, 3.9, 4.0. So we have to use another sheet given to us by our dental club to convert it (e.g. a 3.7 will equal a A- (or 3.667) and a 3.8=A (4.0) or a 3.4 will equal a B- (3.33)) So as you can see it may help us or hurt us, but luckily it helped me. :p

I hope this helps. Don't focus on that grid that is the most screwed up thing. I was so confused after trying to figure that out.

Also, I would recommend making an EXCEL spread sheet and keeping upto date with your grades.

BCP = bio, chem, physics

Science =BCP +other

Overall

Non-science

This way you will be on top and know how you are doing before getting AADSAS to do it.

DesiDentist

SloppyJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
thanks desi! always helpful........I am not applying for a couple of years, but i am already sweatin' the details. looks like it's gonna hurt me.......keep getting those A-s.. :(

About the Ads

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2001
Washington, DC
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
no prob sloppy joe,

make sure you make that excel sheet, that way you will know what to get next quarter and how that will help you. I did that and honestly I think that is why my gpa went on an exponential curve the last two years.

I remember I was around 3.4 range and desperately needed to hit 3.5 and I just typed how many 4.0's i needed to hit 3.5. So last summer I took 35 credits to bump my gpa. It could be a lifesaver.

When you have a ton of credits it gets extremely hard to bump up your gpa.

Good luck,

DesiDentist

SloppyJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
the way i figure it is that i have to get straight a's for the rest of my academic career to get into dental school..........

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads