GPAs from a CC and a University?

Started by rl91
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rl91

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do PT schools look or take GPAs?

I went to a CC my first two years and was at a 3.5+ and transferred my junior and senior year with a different and lower GPA. I'll be graduating in this August in the Summer and I know universities have their own GPA from the CC. But when PT schools take into account GPAs, how are they calculated and such? I'm just a bit worried since I'm planning on applying this cycle (to UNTHSC, Texas State, TWU, etc) and I dont know if my GPA is there yet after seeing my GPA at my university.

Any advice and positive feedback would be awesome!


And thank you in advance!
 
http://www.ptcas.org/gpa/

Your GPA should include every class you've taken, at CC and University. I've heard that pre-req gpa is more important than cumulative gpa, but who knows. It will differ for each school, so just do as well as you can in your current classes!