Gpr/aegd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CLEANteeth4ever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have several questions, I would appreciate any help since I am new to the area:
1. Am applying for both AEGD and GPR. Now, what are the main criteria they look at when choosing the right applicants?
2. I graduated with 3.2 GPA, it's not great, not cum laude, and my NBDE scores are very average. Would I even have a chance?
I'm now applying only to the CA locations.
3. Am a licensed CA dentist, was wondering if this would help. In addition, what should I write in the personal statement? The reason I asked is because isn't it obvious that you either want to specialize or be more skillfully competent?

Thank for the replies..

Members don't see this ad.

I have several questions, I would appreciate any help since I am new to the area:
1. Am applying for both AEGD and GPR. Now, what are the main criteria they look at when choosing the right applicants?
2. I graduated with 3.2 GPA, it's not great, not cum laude, and my NBDE scores are very average. Would I even have a chance?
I'm now applying only to the CA locations.
3. Am a licensed CA dentist, was wondering if this would help. In addition, what should I write in the personal statement? The reason I asked is because isn't it obvious that you either want to specialize or be more skillfully competent?

Thank for the replies..

Greetings,

Since I have done both GPR and AEGD so let me help you with your concerns:

1. You must show that you are eager about learning and committed to be an excellent GENERAL DENTIST. They do not want to accept applicants who do not know what they want to do with themselves or the ones with weak clinical skills that end up being a "student" rather a "resident" in the program. AEGD/GPR are advanced post graduate training and not the places that teach how to do a Class I alloy.

2. Your GPA/board scores are fine. I do not know about the competitiveness in CA but you should get in somewhere in the country. Don't limit yourself to one state.

3. DO NOT mention you want to specialize because they do not want to take somebody who uses the AEGD/GPR as a stepping stone. Even if that is your intention, DON'T mention it. Just say you want to be the best GP you can be at this time. DP

hey there, i ned ur help. i have applied for AEGD and GPR program in various universities. i m a foreign trained dentist and i m on a VISA here. i m not licensed to practice in US. do any universities consider this. i have taken NBDE PART 1 and my score is average and my GPA is 2.94. pls help me with this.