GPR Rank list for MATCH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishey5884

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you usually get ranked with your 1st and 2nd choice? i wouldnt mind to match to my top 2 choices but what happens if i get matched to my 4th choice?

should i just rank my top 2 and forget about the rest? what happens if i dont match with top 2? i really dont want to do post-match and go thru this all over again

Members don't see this ad.

do you usually get ranked with your 1st and 2nd choice? i wouldnt mind to match to my top 2 choices but what happens if i get matched to my 4th choice?

should i just rank my top 2 and forget about the rest? what happens if i dont match with top 2? i really dont want to do post-match and go thru this all over again

There are other threads on this, but to be brief....
You rank the programs who may wish to go to in order.
The programs list the students they are willing to accept.
The computer then matchs the choices...
Both the student and program are bound.

If you refuse to go to a program, do not list it.
If you only list two, and you are not their top choice for positions they have, you will be left out - no program... If you list as 3 - a program you hate - you may get that.

I suggest look at all the programs you are willing to accept and rank them, don't assume anything, but honor your committment.

If you also applied to some not match programs, those programs should allow you enough time to withdraw from the match so there are no violations.

Any additional questions, you can call

If I list two and I'm not ranked in their top choice for positions, can I apply to the same programs post-match?

If you only list two, and you are not their top choice for positions they have, you will be left out - no program... If you list as 3 - a program you hate - you may get that.

I suggest look at all the programs you are willing to accept and rank them, don't assume anything, but honor your committment.

If you also applied to some not match programs, those programs should allow you enough time to withdraw from the match so there are no violations.

Any additional questions, you can call

Members don't see this ad :)

If you only list two, and you are not their top choice for positions they have, you will be left out - no program...

This is not TECHNICALLY correct. If you rank a program highly, and they don't rank you highly....however, all the people that they rank higher than you match somewhere else, you're STILL in. Please read the stickied post on how match works.