GPR's in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sport8500

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a third year at VCU and am looking into GPR's in NYC (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx). I want a residency that is well rounded, but also includes implant placement and some perio surgical experience. I would love to do a VA but it seems like Brooklyn and Manhattan don't place implants, just restore them.

Also, are any of the residencies worth doing externships with?

Any residents in GPR or AEGD program in NYC, please let me know what you think of your program, PROS and CONS. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

bump!!

i am in the same boat. i'm not sure if i want to do an externship, and if i did, i don't know which ones i would pick. based on the knowledge from the prior posts, maybe I would go to Monty??

someone help us :)

My friend is at Lutheran gpr in BK and loves it! Implant placement, perio surgeries, 3rd molar exts, rotary endo and so on. He really seems to be happy and 'milking' his opportunities as much as he can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interested in a GPR position Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. It starts 7/1/2012. Please contact me right away at [email protected]. Sorry no foreign graduates, US dental school only.

Anyone interested in a GPR position Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. It starts 7/1/2012. Please contact me right away at [email protected]. Sorry no foreign graduates, US dental school only.
I am a foreign graduate but in a GPR preceptorship at UT,Houston..does that qualify me to apply??

sorry,no it does not.
Sorry the position has been filled.

Hey everyone, I am a third year at VCU and am looking into GPR's in NYC (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx). I want a residency that is well rounded, but also includes implant placement and some perio surgical experience. I would love to do a VA but it seems like Brooklyn and Manhattan don't place implants, just restore them.

Also, are any of the residencies worth doing externships with?

Any residents in GPR or AEGD program in NYC, please let me know what you think of your program, PROS and CONS. Thanks.
In Queens; NYHQ, Jamaica, Flushing all have decent programs, it is the personality that sells the program. On LI there is Withrop, NCMC, NS/LIJ, and then there are those in Suffolk County: Stonybrook, St. Charles VA...all that allow you to place implants, if you are serious about learning how to do it.

bump!!

i am in the same boat. i'm not sure if i want to do an externship, and if i did, i don't know which ones i would pick. based on the knowledge from the prior posts, maybe I would go to Monty??

someone help us :)
If you are looking at Monte, you should also check out St.Barn, Col/Pres too, then there is Bronx Leb that keeps you hopping...if you are looking for thinks that are more GP minded.

If you are looking at Monte, you should also check out St.Barn, Col/Pres too, then there is Bronx Leb that keeps you hopping...if you are looking for thinks that are more GP minded.
There are over 47 programs to choose from. Each Borough has it's strength including cost of living and commuting. I am a big fan of Brooklyn and Queens, but I also like Nassau and Suffolk. I had a decent time upstate too...

how are the gpr programs in upstate NY like buffalo and rochester?

There are over 47 programs to choose from. Each Borough has it's strength including cost of living and commuting. I am a big fan of Brooklyn and Queens, but I also like Nassau and Suffolk. I had a decent time upstate too...
How do you know so much about all of these programs? I am in this business and I could not tell you anything specific about most of them. Only the ones where I have worked, and that was a while ago as I have been in my current position for 11 years. Urban legend is not fact, and giving out arbitrary info about post grad programs is bad judgment.

Reactions: 1 user