Grad plus loan questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

readmypostsMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heyo,

so, if I take out too much grad plus loan, can I return it? Is this a thing?

also, after the loan goes to the school to cover the tuition costs, how do we receive the remaining $? Is it just like deposited into my bank account?
 
Heyo,

so, if I take out too much grad plus loan, can I return it? Is this a thing?

also, after the loan goes to the school to cover the tuition costs, how do we receive the remaining $? Is it just like deposited into my bank account?

Yes and yes.

You can generally return within 120 days without oweing interest or fees. Otherwise you will owe on the interest and fees.