How is grad school GPA considered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was inputting all my coursework into mappd and I noticed that the GPA progression chart only considers undergraduate and postbacc work. I'm wondering if med schools don't consider or put less consideration into grad school gpa. I really hope this is the case because I took a MS in statistics which is basically all math and therefore STEM coursework. I did not do well during my grad school as my best friend died and I was in a bad car accident, it was probably the worse years of my life.
If grad school GPA was not considered my stats are decent (cGPA: 3.80, sGPA: 3.84) with a increase to about 3.9 if I preform well during the remaining postbacc courses I have to complete, but when you include my statistics degree they're much lower (cGPA: 3.71, sGPA: 3.59) and even if I obtained a 4.0 in my postbacc work I could only get my sGPA to 3.77.
 
Graduate course GPA will be calculated separately on AMCAS
If you are using graduate work to show an upward trend, the graduate GPA will be visible to application readers
To be more specific, graduate coursework taken after you earn your undergraduate degree will not be averaged in together with your undergrad GPA to raise the undergrad GPA.
Your undergrad GPA of 3.8 is nothing to be worried about
 
Last edited: