yearof08

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello, I was wondering, is anyone familiar with graduate school admissions consulting where they help you organize your applications, finalize your personal statement, essays, etc? I know Kaplan has something like this, but I don't know how useful it is since I know most people just do everything themselves. Also, has anyone heard of "Grad Prep Academy" its an admissions consulting company too. I don't know if it is really helpful or if it is just a scam... If anyone knows about admissions consulting or has had personal experience, please let me know!

Thanks in advanced!

Jan 27, 2010
Status
Academic Administration
They are not scams for the most part, but they are not for everybody. Some applicants benefit GREATLY from what a professional consultant can provide to them, others know the landscape so well that much of what a consultant could offer to them they already know. A reputable consultant would never take on a client they could not help, and no client should believe that a consultant's work will guarantee them an acceptance. If you are interested you can send me a private message and I can link to a site that reviews all of the medical admissions consulting services that advertise on the web.

Best wishes.