Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All:
From past experience of applying to a Masters program and from some previous posts in the forum I gather that applying to a Ph.D. program is a challenge that requires a lot of time and careful planning. However, being new to this country I still havent figured out what kind of analysis I need to undertake in selecting schools. How does one go about approaching faculty members about their interests? How do we strategize this process into our intent to apply to these schools? All this is very new to me and would appreciate details about the nature and content of emails to professors, communicating our interest in the school and particularly their work.
Thank you in advance 🙂
Anu
From past experience of applying to a Masters program and from some previous posts in the forum I gather that applying to a Ph.D. program is a challenge that requires a lot of time and careful planning. However, being new to this country I still havent figured out what kind of analysis I need to undertake in selecting schools. How does one go about approaching faculty members about their interests? How do we strategize this process into our intent to apply to these schools? All this is very new to me and would appreciate details about the nature and content of emails to professors, communicating our interest in the school and particularly their work.
Thank you in advance 🙂
Anu