Grad School Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CDLissa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

How many graduate schools did you apply to?

How many would you recommend applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 4 graduate schools. But I would recommend to apply to about 6. And apply to schools that you are serious about and would attend if you were accepted-- because applications are indeed pricey!

I applied to 7. I got into 3 and waitlisted at 2. I would recommend visiting the schools that you are most interested in so that they know who you are when they are looking at your application. The asha website was a great resource for me... they list how many applications each program gets and how many students they accept, as well as the average GRE scores. That can give you a rough idea of your odds of getting into a school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both. I had originally planned on applying to 5 but now it looks like that might not be enough.

I already have my checklist from all the information I have gathered off of the ASHA website. It has been a really great source.

I'm hoping to find an audiologist this summer to shadow. I'm just not sure how to find one right now.

I applied to 8 and got into 6. Wait listed at 2. Four "top" schools, 3 middle, 1 "low." I'd apply to six.

I applied to four (accepted at 3, rejected from 1). My department usually recommends 5, with a maximum of 6. If I was doing things over, I probably would have applied to 6, and stretched myself a little more. I based my application decisions on location (West Coast), so I would change that up and go with reach, mid, and more likely schools.

Currently I was planning only on West Coast(WICHE) type schools but I'm wondering if I should apply to at least one that is in a different part of the country.

I think that it's really up to you. It could be helpful to apply to schools in slightly less ritzy places, but WICHE is an awesome program. I just think that my original reasoning for only applying to schools on the west coast was flawed.