Grad School Applications

Started by CDLissa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CDLissa

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

How many graduate schools did you apply to?

How many would you recommend applying to?
 
I applied to 4 graduate schools. But I would recommend to apply to about 6. And apply to schools that you are serious about and would attend if you were accepted-- because applications are indeed pricey!
 
I applied to 7. I got into 3 and waitlisted at 2. I would recommend visiting the schools that you are most interested in so that they know who you are when they are looking at your application. The asha website was a great resource for me... they list how many applications each program gets and how many students they accept, as well as the average GRE scores. That can give you a rough idea of your odds of getting into a school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you both. I had originally planned on applying to 5 but now it looks like that might not be enough.

I already have my checklist from all the information I have gathered off of the ASHA website. It has been a really great source.

I'm hoping to find an audiologist this summer to shadow. I'm just not sure how to find one right now.
 
I applied to 8 and got into 6. Wait listed at 2. Four "top" schools, 3 middle, 1 "low." I'd apply to six.
 
I applied to four (accepted at 3, rejected from 1). My department usually recommends 5, with a maximum of 6. If I was doing things over, I probably would have applied to 6, and stretched myself a little more. I based my application decisions on location (West Coast), so I would change that up and go with reach, mid, and more likely schools.
 
Currently I was planning only on West Coast(WICHE) type schools but I'm wondering if I should apply to at least one that is in a different part of the country.
 
I think that it's really up to you. It could be helpful to apply to schools in slightly less ritzy places, but WICHE is an awesome program. I just think that my original reasoning for only applying to schools on the west coast was flawed.