Audiology Schools in the Midwest?

Discussion in 'Audiology [ Au.D ]' started by AudioMusic, May 9, 2016.

1. AudioMusic

Ok so here are the schools I am currently looking at. I'm a Florida native so I will also be reapplying to my current university for their grad program as a backup but I really want to go out of state. The other schools are as follows: Rush University, Northwestern, UW Madison, U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and Illinois State. In terms of schools in other areas of the country, how do these ones rank? I've been told that the Midwest (especially Chicago) is a hotbed for Audiology. Any thoughts?

2. Mull

2+ Year Member

There are published rankings out there.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/audiology-rankings

I would take those rankings with a grain of salt, but they might give you some perspective.

I applied and was accepted to three of those programs. Rush was very involved and eager to share information about their program, which I liked a lot. They have a big clinical emphasis and not so much emphasis on research, though, so I ultimately turned them down. Northwestern is an excellent program. It was expensive, though, even with funding, so I turned them down as well. I don't think I ever really intended to accept UW-Madison as a first choice, but I've heard decent things about the program.

3. AudioMusic

UW is definitely not my first choice. It's disappointing to hear about Rush not being as research focused because that is a big part of what I want to do but I am in love with the school. Rush is definitely my first choice.

4. becoming-ear-responsible

Audiology Student
    Are you applying for Fall 2017 admission?