Grad school gpa calculation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chino987

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello my grad school had grades of

honors/high pass/pass/fail

how do you calculate gpa based on this system? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You are not going to end up with a GPA for graduate school unless your graduate school calculates one for you. Look at your transcripts and see if this is the case. If not, send a letter to your registrar and see if they will do a grade conversion for you. In many cases: Honors = A; High Pass = B and Pass = C but your school may award more points for Honors and High Pass.

In any event, pose this question to the AMCAS folks and let them tell you how they handle your graduate grades. You can do this by e-mail.

The good thing is that graduate school counts about as much as an extracurricular activity. The bad thing is that if your graduate work is not distinguished and your undergrad is below average, graduate school becomes more of a liability than an asset.

The good thing is that graduate school counts about as much as an extracurricular activity. The bad thing is that if your graduate work is not distinguished and your undergrad is below average, graduate school becomes more of a liability than an asset.

Hi, I've also attended a significant amount of grad school and am now applying to med school. Will admissions committees primarily judge my strength as an applicant by looking at my undergraduate record and undergraduate GPA's?