grad school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kate333

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
did anyone get into DO with a master? if so can you please post your Grad school, you undergra GPA, grad GPA, MCAT score, and EC. and what schools you get into?

thank you so much,
Kate

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Kate,
I went ahead and got my MPH from SDSU before I started med school. I just felt like i needed something more than "average" undergrad grades (3.25 if i remember correctly) and "average" MCAT scores (9's/10's), to help me stand out. I also worked in research (academic and county public health) for a few years after grad school, and i think that may have also made a difference. If your considering grad school as an option, I say go for it. It'll allow you the opportunity to improve your CV for both med school apps as well as residencey apps. Let me know if I can help with any more info...

Greg
MS1 WUHS-COMP

I also did an MPH before med school. I completed it at the University of Oklahoma. I feel like public health is a good complement to osteopathic medicine.

My grad GPA in undergrad was ~ 3.65 and grad was 4.0; 31 MCAT.

I agree with GDubDO that it is a good addition to your CV and applications. You can also get some good healthcare experience during and after grad school (even non-patient care experience is good).

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad 3.4
Grad GPA 3.76 from a top 20 U.
Total GPA according to AACOMAS 3.54
MCAT 28

Interviewed at CCOM and UHS. Accepted at both.

Hi, I got my masters in bioethics last year and I think it really helped my apps... as well as rounded out my experiences. It was a more philosophy based degree but I also got 200 clinical hours doing rounds, etc.. and I spoke a lot about it in my interviews.

Undergrad GPA: 3.5 science: 3.3 Grad GPA(no science courses): 4.0 overall GPA: 3.6
1st MCAT: 24N 2nd MCAT: 32Q (took Kaplan)

Do something that you're interested in and your passion and enthusiasm will really show, I found what I wanted to do (geriatrics with an emphasis on end-of-life car) while getting my masters.

Best of luck! :)

Oh yeah, I got interviews and was accepted at all of the schools I applied to (and even turned down two interviews).

I'll be graduating in May with a Master's in biology (emphasis molecular and cellular biology) from LSU,gpa 3.58;undergrad 3.18 Biology MCAT 28; accepted to AZCOM. I would also do Master's if you are wanting to add to your app. I enjoyed it. I would recommend to do it something you interested in...not what you think the medschool wants.