grade forgiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shailu25

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Pharmacy Schools that do not include previously taken course grades in the GPA calculation? One of my friends was not clear on the drop a class policy and received a couple of F's in those science classes but she got straight A's in all the rest of sciences and math expect for anatomy I and Chem I. Her GPA is at a 2.92. It would really be a great dissappointment if due to a few mistakes she would not be able to to get into any pharmacy college. I am also in that same situation as she is and waiting to see how things work out for her. Anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

do you think she will accepted into pharmacy colleges? she received c's in anatomy and chem I, Anatomy I lab a B, and Bio I lab a B. The rest of her Science and Calculus she received A's in.

shailu25 said:
Does anyone know of any Pharmacy Schools that do not include previously taken course grades in the GPA calculation? One of my friends was not clear on the drop a class policy and received a couple of F's in those science classes but she got straight A's in all the rest of sciences and math expect for anatomy I and Chem I. Her GPA is at a 2.92. It would really be a great dissappointment if due to a few mistakes she would not be able to to get into any pharmacy college. I am also in that same situation as she is and waiting to see how things work out for her. Anyone have any advice?

Some colleges have a policy called "Academic Renewal" which basically allows students to petition classes that they received a failing grade in. Or can she retake those classes and have the failing grade replaced or averaged? Additionally, some pharmacy schools will allow explanation for less than desirable grades in the application, essay or interview. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Smilescali said:
Some colleges have a policy called "Academic Renewal" which basically allows students to petition classes that they received a failing grade in. Or can she retake those classes and have the failing grade replaced or averaged? Additionally, some pharmacy schools will allow explanation for less than desirable grades in the application, essay or interview. :)

She took Chem I twice and and Anatomy once. The first two times she took chem I she recieved a F and she went through some health problems both those semsters. She received a C in Chem I on her 3rd attempt. Same with anatomy, the first time she took it she received a failing grade and second a C. She was not clear at the time that the college recently changed the policy at our college that if you do not drop before the deadline then you will receive a grade F. On pharmcas GPA calculation they calculate every attmept but I am not sure if Pharmacy colleges will take look at her application with a GPA of 2.92 even though she made all A's in the rest of her sciences and Math courses.

she Also took Anatomy Lab twice and receive F's in those and a C in her last attmept. It is very unforunate the health problems she had to deal with in those two semesters, I just hope there is some way she still be able to accepted to any pharmacy colleges.

shailu25 said:
she Also took Anatomy Lab twice and receive F's in those and a C in her last attmept. It is very unforunate the health problems she had to deal with in those two semesters, I just hope there is some way she still be able to accepted to any pharmacy colleges.

When were these classes taken? Some pharmacy schools also have a policy that allows "Academic Forgiveness" (Like USN) and will only calculate classes taken within the last five years or so. I am not sure of any other pharmacy schools that do this. Anyone else know?

they were taken 1 year ago spring and summer 2004. Do you know of any other pharmacy colleges which have academic forgiveness policy? I tried looking myself but it is hard to found on university websites.