Grade in clerkship

Started by BlueElmo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlueElmo

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was curious how much does the grade in Neurology clerkship in 3rd year counts in residency applications? Are you still considered if you only get a pass? If I get a pass, should I do a sub-I early 4th year or do an away rotation at a place I would like to go to?

Also how competitive are residencies in California in general? I would like to match somewhere in California, but if it's too much harder than places elsewhere, I would like to know so I can fold my hopes. Thanks!