Grade Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drorthoman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you guys probably get this question every hour, but here's another one anyways for anyone willing to answer.

I'm in my second semester of college, and I got a B in my first semester math class, and I have a feeling I'm going to get a B in this one also. My first B was on me, but my professor for this second math class is just terrible.

So my question: Should I withdraw or stay in the class and risk getting a B or possibly a C?

Members don't see this ad.

Should've known I was gonna get a humorous comment when I made this thread.

My point is is that I'd rather have B or a C in a hard science class or something rather than this crappy math class... so should I withdraw, yes or no? You guys will determine the answer to this. My future lies in your hands.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. That's nonsense. A B won't kill you. I have a friend who is an M4 who got a C in Gen chem 2. Just get the B and keep working hard. If everyone who got B's didnt get into med school there would be a lot less doctors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using SDN Mobile

Don't worry about it...it's not like you're even close to failing the class. Think about how many credits that math class is and how many credits you'll have when you graduate, the impact on your GPA will be minimal. Just make the effort to show a trend of improvement.

I know you guys probably get this question every hour, but here's another one anyways for anyone willing to answer.

I'm in my second semester of college, and I got a B in my first semester math class, and I have a feeling I'm going to get a B in this one also. My first B was on me, but my professor for this second math class is just terrible.

So my question: Should I withdraw or stay in the class and risk getting a B or possibly a C?

Just stay and shoot for the B. I had a few B's on my transcript, and I still got in. Average GPA is what...like a 3.7? That means some people got B's. You'll be fine.

you're fine. don't withdraw

I've gotten a B in an intro language class OP, how do you think I feel?

At least it doesn't deflate both cGPA and sGPA :)

It does if you're talking about organic chem ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I didn't mention this in my OP, but I'm currently a high school junior in a dual-enrollments program. I don't know if this changes anything, and I didn't mention this in my OP because I had thought it would make no difference along with the fact that no one would've responded to me - or at least not seriously.

The last B I got, was last semester, and I'm also risking getting another B by staying in this course. These B's will hurt both my high school and college GPA's. Now, does this change ANY of your responses in ANY way?

BTW, thank you for the advice you guys have given me so far.

I didn't mention this in my OP, but I'm currently a high school junior in a dual-enrollments program. I don't know if this changes anything, and I didn't mention this in my OP because I had thought it would make no difference along with the fact that no one would've responded to me - or at least not seriously.

The last B I got, was last semester, and I'm also risking getting another B by staying in this course. These B's will hurt both my high school and college GPA's. Now, does this change ANY of your responses in ANY way?

A "B" still isn't a bad grade.

Look in my signature.

Members don't see this ad :)
A "B" still isn't a bad grade.

I understand, but I'm going to do ANYTHING I can to get all A's - even if that means withdrawing from a class. However, if the withdrawing is going to hurt me in any way, shape, or form, I don't want to do it. With this taking under consideration, does the advice remain the same in that I do not withdraw?

It's under my first post.

I apologize if I'm being arrogant, but I don't see how. Undoubtedly, I'm probably pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, and I'm really in need of advice right now.

I still don't get it.

Does your advice still remain the same? Should I let this B affect both my high school and college GPAs?

:confused: Keep the B and don't retake. High school GPA won't matter unless you're taking a college course in high school. Get a 3.6+ GPA in college, and you're good.

:confused: Keep the B and don't retake. High school GPA won't matter unless you're taking a college course in high school. Get a 3.6+ GPA in college, and you're good.

I'm in a dual enrollment program which means I'm taking college courses at my local community college in high school. Thus, my grades will affect both my high school GPA and my college GPA.

I'm in a dual enrollment program which means I'm taking college courses at my local community college in high school. Thus, my grades will affect both my high school GPA and my college GPA.

Ok it will affect your college GPA.. but your high school GPA is irrelevant in the long run. Just make sure your college GPA is above 3.6+ and you're good.

Ok it will affect your college GPA.. but your high school GPA is irrelevant in the long run. Just make sure your college GPA is above 3.6+ and you're good.

Okay, thank you for the help. I think everyone else also agrees with this advice, so I'll stick with it. I really appreciate the help! :)

I used to be a Pre-med like you... then I took a B to the GPA

3.6? He's going to end in the Carib with that

i knew a guy from college who got into a US medical school with 3 C+'s and 1 C...all science classes too...and no it wasn't a DO school

OP you are fine

You'll never get in with a B, OP! You should quit being a premed now, join a frat, and spend your college life living the YOLO Dream, replete with morally loose women, readily available liquor, and deplorable residential conditions, all before leaving college to find yourself in a malemployed situation!

Lol, seriously though, don't worry about it.