Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Grade replacement 300 level vs 200

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by NVWolfPack, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. NVWolfPack

NVWolfPack 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm in a bind of course. I took a 300 level Ochem for the year and while this topic has been halfway addressed, no one has been asked or answered if I can do an exact grade replacement taking a 200 level Ochem.

Thoughts?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. iWillOneDay

iWillOneDay Banned Banned

Pre-Medical
    My thoughts:
    Orgo 1 = orgo 1
    Orgo 2 = orgo 2

The level number is somewhat arbitrary depending where you go. I guess you are not taking it at the same place where you took it first time?
    As long as the content of the class is very similar (don't see why it wouldn't), I don't think it should matter.

Should you trust me? No.
    Am I offering my thoughts? Yes
    What the best way to find out? Contact AAMC or AACOMAS directly.

4. MajorUnderDog

MajorUnderDog 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Seen this asked before earlier in the year. The consensus was that as long as the credits match up it will work. The reason being that almost every college uses their own numbering system. But as long as the credits and material are the same then it should be fine

5. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko What’s worth doing is worth doing for money. Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I called AACOMAS today about retaking 200-level courses to replace 300-level Genetics, Microbiology, and Cell Physiology. She said as long as they are the same credit hours with same course descriptions (and like for like, eg. - for science majors vs. non-science majors, or algebra-based vs. calculus-based for Physics), I'm good to go. I also asked if Genetics with a lab (4 cr), can be replaced with one without a lab (4 cr), she said fine with that too. A 2 minute phone call could change your life.

About the ads