Grade replacement: CC for University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colberag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Planning on taking a few classes this summer, just wondering if you can replace a poor grade taken at a university with a grade from a comunity college, or does the replacement class have to be the same level

Members don't see this ad.

You can retake classes at a community college as long as the number of credits is the same/greater than the one taken at the University. I did this for a class. You may also have to make sure that the course descriptions are very similar, to make sure that AACOMAS will count it as a retake for the certain class.

You technically can, but it depends on the situation. If you are retaking a couple and have a decent amount of upper level classes or a decent GPA, you should be fine. But if you have a 2.3 GPA and are retaking every class you can, it is going to look like you can't handle university rigor. Also if you have no other reason (like working, finances, etc.) it will look worse. There are just a lot of variables and you give us little info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im only planning on taking 2 courses at the CC because they are not offered at the university (I am also taking a couple prereqs there cause I am a non-trad). I have 2 different bachelors degrees, and these were classes I took my sophomore year of my first degree. They are non-science courses (macroeconomics and philosophy), but I got a C in both the first time. I could bump my GPA from a 3.47 to over a 3.5, which I know is not a lot but seeing the .5 instead of .4 makes me happy.

Im only planning on taking 2 courses at the CC because they are not offered at the university (I am also taking a couple prereqs there cause I am a non-trad). I have 2 different bachelors degrees, and these were classes I took my sophomore year of my first degree. They are non-science courses (macroeconomics and philosophy), but I got a C in both the first time. I could bump my GPA from a 3.47 to over a 3.5, which I know is not a lot but seeing the .5 instead of .4 makes me happy.
Retaking nonprerequisites and changing your application GPA by .03 would be a waste of your time and money.