Grade Replacement: Yes or No?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteelAurelius

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Back then in upper division human physiology at my university, I received a C- in the lecture portion and did okay in the lab portion. If I do well in a lower division human physiology class (lecture and lab together) at community college, will D. O. schools allow me to replace my C-?

The community college physiology class has more units than the lecture and lab portions in the university when compared separately, but it's less than when the university lecture and lab portions are combined, so I'm not sure if this works.

Members don't see this ad.

No, this won't work. You can only compare apples to apples. Only a lecture-only course can replace a lecture-only grade. You wouldn't be able to use a lecture+lab combined course to replace the lecture-only grade. Also, the units of the 2nd repeat must be greater than that of the original course.

Nonetheless, just for extra confirmation, call AACOMAS. They're a very helpful group of people.

Addendum: you may also not use the lecture+lab combined course to replace the original lecture-only and lab-only grades because of the units issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Addendum: you may also not use the lecture+lab combined course to replace the original lecture-only and lab-only grades because of the units issue.

They let me do that. Replaced a lab and lecture with a combined. Depends lots on who you talk with and who does the evaluation of ur transcripts. That's why it's important to get things in early so you can fix things that don't get accepted.

They let me do that. Replaced a lab and lecture with a combined. Depends lots on who you talk with and who does the evaluation of ur transcripts. That's why it's important to get things in early so you can fix things that don't get accepted.

*gasp!* No way! Last year they told me it couldn't be done, and that's the only reason I had to delay applying for a year!!!

*gasp!* No way! Last year they told me it couldn't be done, and that's the only reason I had to delay applying for a year!!!

Ouch! I've found from reading on here and personal experience that the advice you get varies with AACOMAS reps. The person I spoke with read the transcript submission standards to me (they are online in pdf, but I don't remember where and not easiest to find) and basically said that if the course description or #'s and number of credits are the same they accept whatever replacements. She told me it didn't specifically say it wasn't disallowed, so just do it and it made it through the review.

Ouch! I've found from reading on here and personal experience that the advice you get varies with AACOMAS reps. The person I spoke with read the transcript submission standards to me (they are online in pdf, but I don't remember where and not easiest to find) and basically said that if the course description or #'s and number of credits are the same they accept whatever replacements. She told me it didn't specifically say it wasn't disallowed, so just do it and it made it through the review.

Wowzers. Thank you for the info though. I'm sure many people will find it to be incredibly helpful. :)

No, this won't work. You can only compare apples to apples. Only a lecture-only course can replace a lecture-only grade. You wouldn't be able to use a lecture+lab combined course to replace the lecture-only grade. Also, the units of the 2nd repeat must be greater than that of the original course.

Nonetheless, just for extra confirmation, call AACOMAS. They're a very helpful group of people.
Disagree. Replaced 3 credit gen chem lecture with no lab, with a 4 credit gen chem with lab.

Disagree. Replaced 3 credit gen chem lecture with no lab, with a 4 credit gen chem with lab.

Last year, AACOMAS denied my replacement under the exact same circumstances, and that's why I originally said it wouldn't work. However, it seems the situation has changed this year, and I apologize for creating any confusion.

Disregard my original post, OP. :)