Grade Trends and interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qudans Jr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My grades kind of show a downward trend...mainly because I took my psyc, engl, hist, math my first 2 yrs and then started taking sciences and labs later on and my lowest grades are going to be C's in 2 or 3 labs. I HATE labs. What if they ask me what I think of labs? I feel like my face will give me away if I sugarcoat it to any degree...Other than those labs, my science classes are going to definitely be B+ avg with majority actually being B+

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is OK to not like parts of your education or to be critical of some of it.

What you have to do is find an intelligent way to articulate how you feel about labs.. what didn't you like about them? Don't just say because your grades were poor in them... do you prefer faster paced learning? Do you prefer reading concepts rather than experiencing? You are allowed to be critical... just go about it in the right way.

What about you as a student makes you so critical of labs? What is your learning style?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate labs, too. Luckily, my school combined lecture and lab so my high marks in the lecture portion shored up my mediocre performance in the labs. I would go with bwsalvas' advice.

I wouldn't worry about explaining your coursework during an interview. None of my interviews had any questions about coursework or grade trends. They care more about your judgement, pharmacy knowledge, and what kind of a pharmacist you will make. By the way I hate labs too and I got in :D