Grades Dropping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zmeister22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another thread brought up this question. I know that many schools insist you keep up your current grade levels once accepted until you matriculate, but I have a tough situation. My classes are all upper level spanish classes that grade on attendance. I can miss two days, but after that, I lose 3% off of my final grade for each additional day. I know, its tought, but I have missed 4 so far for interviews, possibly more to come. If I explain this to the schools, would going from a 3.6 to a 3.0 for one semester kill me?

Members don't see this ad.

Wont your teachers make exceptions to the attendance rule for interviews? It only seems reasonable.

yeah, try that. a professor let me take a make-up midterm because of interview conflict :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Another thread brought up this question. I know that many schools insist you keep up your current grade levels once accepted until you matriculate, but I have a tough situation. My classes are all upper level spanish classes that grade on attendance. I can miss two days, but after that, I lose 3% off of my final grade for each additional day. I know, its tought, but I have missed 4 so far for interviews, possibly more to come. If I explain this to the schools, would going from a 3.6 to a 3.0 for one semester kill me?

you should be fine. just don't get straight C's

Just make sure you do everything in your power to make sure that its not a problem. Don't just sit back and 'hope'. Be proactive.

Talk to your spanish profs and explain to them the situation. Offer to make up the course time through office hours or assignments. Talk to the dean of the faculty of spanish to get them on your side. Talk to the school that you have been accepted to, and explain to them the situation. Just make sure that you are doing everything that you can to make sure this is not a problem.

Not doing anything and not going and talking to the people that can help you out is the worst thing that you can do.

I have already spoken to my professors. Two have let me make up a day, so that helps. I don't think they will take too much off of my grade, but I know they have to take some. I was just getting nervous because I will probably end up with 3.0-3.3 this term.

I have already spoken to my professors. Two have let me make up a day, so that helps. I don't think they will take too much off of my grade, but I know they have to take some. I was just getting nervous because I will probably end up with 3.0-3.3 this term.

While not optimal I think a 3.0 should be fine. I know last year most of my acceptance letters said that they expected the same level of performance in classes and that at the least they expected me to get a C or above in all of my classes. Many of them required a letter explaining any grade that was lower then a C. All schools seem to have slightly different policies but you should probably be ok as long as you keep your grades above C's.

Good luck, and I'm sure you are doing better then you think. Just make sure to talk to you professors as others have suggested and you should be fine.

Tell Seniorita to take a chill pill on the nazi attendance policy.