Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben25

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the deal with A/A-? At my school I need a 93+ for an A. I am not complaining I have a 3.87, science 3.92. I have never gotten a B, but I have gotten 5 A-'s. The A-'s were in the bio 1 lec, bio 2 lec, English comp1, precalc, bio 2 lec, and calc 1. I got A's in everthing else including gen chem 1 and 2 and all my labs. Also I have just finished my freshman year.

What does an A-'s look like to med school even in bio which is a prereq? Thanks for the advice

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will be ok. A-'s are fine. They come out to a 3.7, and since the average GPA is more like a 3.5/3.6, you've above the mean. It sounds like you're early in your pre-med career, so just keep on working hard and I think you'll find that you will be fine with even a lot of A-'s.

(but they certainly can be frustrating, I understand that!)

If you rock the MCAT (35+), you will have a chance. Don't worry, just kill the MCAT when the time comes. A few A- won't destroy your chances, but don't let it happen again.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you rock the MCAT (35+), you will have a chance. Don't worry, just kill the MCAT when the time comes. A few A- won't destroy your chances, but don't let it happen again.

I hope that is sarcastic...

isn't it great that they ding us for A-'s but don't reward us for A+'s

What is the deal with A/A-? At my school I need a 93+ for an A. I am not complaining I have a 3.87, science 3.92. I have never gotten a B, but I have gotten 5 A-'s. The A-'s were in the bio 1 lec, bio 2 lec, English comp1, precalc, bio 2 lec, and calc 1. I got A's in everthing else including gen chem 1 and 2 and all my labs. Also I have just finished my freshman year.

What does an A-'s look like to med school even in bio which is a prereq? Thanks for the advice

There, there, little gunner. It'll be alright. People without 4.0's occasionally get into med school. It's rare, but it happens.

A-'s look like ****. your done for med school......:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :scared:

Don't listen to these gunners, A- is more than enough to get into medical school. Which one, however, I can't say with any degree of certainty.

Get ready to head to the caribbean