maxsmyles

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
hi,

i have recently been accepted to med school. im in my last semester of undergrad. i am consequently enrolled in two ridiculously difficult classes and my grades my not be that good.

i am wondering whether my admission will be rescinded if i get two C's (worst case scenario) this semester. I have never had a C as of yet.

thx

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
As long as you pass you should be fine... that is usually what is in an acceptance letter.

Sep 4, 2006
Inside the tesseract
For general purposes getting at least a C is fine, though I've heard of a few schools whose acceptance letter specifies an expectation of continued academic success on par with the current GPA. If you've been accepted to one of the more selective schools, you might want to call anonymously and ask your question, because nothing else will put your mind at rest on this issue.

(Can you convert at least one course to P/F or Audit?)

pharaoh88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
hi,

i have recently been accepted to med school. im in my last semester of undergrad. i am consequently enrolled in two ridiculously difficult classes and my grades my not be that good.

i am wondering whether my admission will be rescinded if i get two C's (worst case scenario) this semester. I have never had a C as of yet.

thx
Seems like you are caught in the typical pre-med anxiety. You get in to medical school and instead of relaxing...you work yourself up about something else. Relax and enjoy your last semester of college. You probably will end up with B's or better anyway:) If you end up with the C's, in all likelihood, you will keep your acceptance. Congratulations!

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The only school I've heard of that makes a big deal about C's is UVA - they want a written explanation for them.

Other than that, you should be okay. It would be preferable to not get all C's, but one or two shouldn't matter, especially if you can dilute them with a B or an A in another class.

moto_za

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
Status
how about getting W's in two courses that you don't need for graduation?

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
how about getting W's in two courses that you don't need for graduation?
I wouldn't see how that is big deal, either.

I'll find out with you, since I got my first W this semester on a random class that I didn't need to graduate. :laugh:

bravofleet4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Medical Student
you know i just asked the school in my case. they were fine with it. i'm not saying it's the same policy at every school but don't be afraid to ask.

moto_za

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
Status
you know i just asked the school in my case. they were fine with it. i'm not saying it's the same policy at every school but don't be afraid to ask.
Did you ask about getting C's or W's for your case?