Grading System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doogie Howser

practicing since age 12
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school uses a grading system like this
A - 4
B+ - 3.5
B - 3
C+ - 2.5
C - 2

There are no minuses... aadsas counts a B+ as a 3.333, so should I enter B+'s in my transcript in the aadsas grade pulldown as an AB?

Members don't see this ad.

nevermind, aadsas just fcuks your gpa if your school uses this system... good to know

why do they give you an option of entering a different grade if they just override it anyway

For a B+, did you enter it as AB? That's what I did since both were equivalent to 3.5 ...

Members don't see this ad :)
no, because it says enter the grade EXACTLY as it appears on your transcript. then when you try to enter the aadsas equivalent of an AB, it automatically switches it to an B+

Just checked, you're right. I guess the AADSAS grading will hurt my GPA cause UF has the exact same GPA scale/grading system. :(

is no one else getting hurt like this? i've tried emailing them, but they've now completely avoided my question twice.

Getting hurt by this? Give me a break. Now we're on an even playing field. I'd have like a 3.8 if I had the grading scale your school uses.

I go to UF also, and I believe my GPA will only go down by about 0.03 based on the AADSAS equivalents, which is basically nothing...the only difference is that a B+ is a 3.33 instead of the 3.5 that UF has, and that really doesn't change anything significantly

if your transcript says 3.5 then u should put AB
if your transcript says B+ then u should put B+
B+ doesn't equal AB

my gpa went down a smidge b/c my school has different values for +/-'s but you just have to live with it

Getting hurt by this? Give me a break. Now we're on an even playing field. I'd have like a 3.8 if I had the grading scale your school uses.

we'd be on an even playing field if they just eliminated all plus's and minuses... but its not even if you have an A- and i don't.

A- 4
B+ - 3.33 - my school
B - 3

A - 4
A- - 3.67
B+ - 3.33 - yours
B - 3

I have no way of getting that 3.67... says who some of my B+'s wouldn't be A-'s where you are. There is no way to compare grades when the systems are that different. A more accurate comparison would be able to be performed if my B+ is a 3.5 (like what Rutgers does) which the aadsas equivalent would then be an AB (also a 3.5)

we'd be on an even playing field if they just eliminated all plus's and minuses... but its not even if you have an A- and i don't.

A- 4
B+ - 3.33 - my school
B - 3

A - 4
A- - 3.67
B+ - 3.33 - yours
B - 3

I have no way of getting that 3.67... says who some of my B+'s wouldn't be A-'s where you are. There is no way to compare grades when the systems are that different. A more accurate comparison would be able to be performed if my B+ is a 3.5 (like what Rutgers does) which the aadsas equivalent would then be an AB (also a 3.5)

At my school, a 90 = A-. At your school you don't even have an A-, therefore a 90 = A. At your school a B+ = 3.5. At my school a B+ = 3.33. That's advantage number 2. I don't understand what the problem is. Even if they do change your B+'s to 3.33's, you still don't have any A-'s!

Edit: And yes, I agree, we'd all be even without +/-. I believe AADSAS calculates that GPA.

Edit 2: Ok, I was making the assumption that a 90 = A at your school. Is that correct?

At my school, a 90 = A-. At your school you don't even have an A-, therefore a 90 = A. That's advantage number 1. At your school a B+ = 3.5. At my school a B+ = 3.33. That's advantage number 2. I don't understand what the problem is. Even if they do change your B+'s to 3.33's, you still don't have any A-'s!

B+ encompasses all that would be an A- as well. it is truly treated as an AB.

as I said before, says who some of my B+'s wouldn't be A-'s at your school since the B+ is treated as an AB

Who Cares!

you will always get screwed one way or another in life, get use to it. stop whining about it. Just be glad you believe you have what it takes to apply to dental school. a lot of people dropped out prior to this point. the schools get a copy of your transcripts, so they will see what UF does.

I have an odd situation:

I have % grades and letter grade on the transcript. However, the letter grades are only A,B,C,D, F etc. No + or -.

If there is a B on my transcript this covers 70%-->78%. How should I enter my marks? Can I only put the A,B,C or D's ?

thanks
Jaba