1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Grading System

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pbehzad, Jul 19, 2002.

1. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy
    7+ Year Member

I know some schools have traditional grading systems like A 90-100, B 80-89, C 70-79, etc.. and it fluctuates depending on the curve. My school gives A, A-, B+, B-, etc. now each letter grade has a separate value, A=4.0, A=3.7, B+3.3, etc. now i was wondering students that get A-'s get hurt when compared to students at schools that just have A's. Your gpa is lower because you only get a 3.7 and not a 4.0. A 91 at one school is a A (4.0) while at my school (this is hypothetical) that would be a A-(3.7). Now im wondering do adcoms know that there is a descrepancy in gpa's in that sense or are people at schools that have a +/- system screwed? I understand that also helps when it comes to a B+ since you get a 3.3 and not a 3.0. If anyone knows anything about this i would appreciate it.
    thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ryo-Ohki

7+ Year Member

My school had the same thing until some students pointed out that it was unfair.

We eventually went on an A+ (4.33) system where one can not earn above a 4.0 cum.

4. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy
    7+ Year Member

so no one has any knowledge or comments about this subject besides one person.