Graduate Certificate in Global Health?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted555445

Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to do a graduate certificate program in global health online. I know none of that really sounds impressive, but I'm interested in the material and it is 100% free (through USUHS). I will likely do it just for myself, since it is only ~10hours per week estimated work and it seems really interesting and important, with the opportunity to complete some research on global health. Plus the professors would all be professors at the med school I will definitely apply to, and my fellow students would largely be doctors, PA's, and nurses in the military.

Mostly, I just want to know if anything thinks this would actually add to my application, or just be something adcoms gloss over? I'm planning on doing it just for fun, but if it might be an interesting addition maybe I'll focus on it a little more in my application (FYI I'm not applying this cycle, likely next cycle opening June 2021).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to know if anything thinks this would actually add to my application, or just be something adcoms gloss over?
It will add little to your app. Yes, they will gloss over it and it's online...if that doesn't bother you, continue doing it for fun.

It will add little to your app. Yes, they will gloss over it and it's online...if that doesn't bother you, continue doing it for fun.
That's pretty much what I thought, just couldn't find anyone talking about this kind of program before so I thought I'd ask.