Graduate research credits and AMCAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NTDkilla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took 50+ research credits during my doctoral program and received 'As'. The university lists research credit grades on my transcript, but does not factor these into my graduate GPA. How does the AMCAS deal with research credits? I could see how they might factor in graded research credits for undergraduates, but it seems a bit ridiculous for doctoral programs.

Members don't see this ad.

I took 50+ research credits during my doctoral program and received 'As'. The university lists research credit grades on my transcript, but does not factor these into my graduate GPA. How does the AMCAS deal with research credits? I could see how they might factor in graded research credits for undergraduates, but it seems a bit ridiculous for doctoral programs.

AMCAS will include grad grades in grad GPA. How a school calculates GPA has no impact.

Grad GPA will play a very small role in med school admissions. Undergrad GPA & MCAT will play a huge role.

Best of luck to you.