Graduating Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! I don't know how many people have asked this question before, butt my question is pretty general. I have a 3.45 and I am a bio major in my Junior year. I need 20 credits to graduate and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to graduate early (end of my Junior year so this year)? I got a 4.0 last semester and I can't decide if I should just graduate and then study for the MCAT or stay another year maybe improve my GPA like I did last semester? What would be a good thing to do? I feel like its so hard to study for the MCAT during the school year but I also want to not take a another year gap and be behind. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys! I don't know how many people have asked this question before, butt my question is pretty general. I have a 3.45 and I am a bio major in my Junior year. I need 20 credits to graduate and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to graduate early (end of my Junior year so this year)? I got a 4.0 last semester and I can't decide if I should just graduate and then study for the MCAT or stay another year maybe improve my GPA like I did last semester? What would be a good thing to do? I feel like its so hard to study for the MCAT during the school year but I also want to not take a another year gap and be behind. Thanks!

Heehee, butt.

To answer your question, if you have a 3.45 you should be more worried about keeping your GPA as high as possible, not clearing time to study for the MCAT or whether or not you have to take a gap your.
Your GPA is not high enough to afford you the luxury of finishing early to speed up the rest of the process. If you can't raise it before this 'early graduation' timeline I would encourage you to keep taking classes to get it higher. You can take the MCAT whenever, and taking a gap year is no big deal, but if your GPA doesn't pan out then you're in big big trouble.

edit: You said you got a 4.0 last semester which is all the more reason to not rush this, your potential for GPA increase (and thus having a better chance at all schools) is high.

Last edited: