Graduating with School Psych PsyD... Now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blujeanguy

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be receiving my degree in January 2018 and live/work in the NYC area. I have been a school psychologist for the past 6 years. Eventually, I would like to continue to work full-time in the schools and have a private practice (part-time) in Manhattan.

Aside from studying for the EPPP and obtaining the licensing hours, what can I do now to jump start my private practice. I know some psychologists who conduct evaluations at agencies but the pay isn't great. Any other ideas? Also rre there any other side gigs that I can do that don't require the license?