GRE for MD/MS Programs

Started by nihitmehta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nihitmehta

Osteopathic Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does having a GRE Exam Score help with admissions into MD/MS or MD/PHD Program, I know it's not required, but does having it help?
 
If you have an amazing score then it might help a little bit with some adcoms... probably not very much though and the MCAT will be way more important.
 
I would not submit it, even if it is 99th percentile. Fairly or not, I have a negative impression of someone who tries too hard to impress. Once you reach a 3.7 GPA and a 30 on the MCAT, practically the only thing I care about is your research experience.