GRE prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marronew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering how comparable the scores for the practice gre's provided by the ETS are to the scores of the actual test. I take the computer based test next week and feel as though i have not been doing as much studying as others on the forums. However, in taking the practice test I have scored in the 155-160 range for quantitative and 150-155 for verbal. I would like to score higher than these scores but if not I will not be terribly upset. So all in all my question is based on previous experience how well do scores compare from practice tests to the real tests??

Members don't see this ad.

I was pretty disappointed this morning. I got a 148V 146Q on the actual test and consistently scored over 150 on the practice tests for both sections. Theres a small possibility that I had a bad day but I felt adequately prepared going in and still did poorly. I'm re scheduled for next month. What prep tests did you take?

I did the powerprep 2 test and a magoosh test. The questions today were a lot more difficult than what I had on those exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
In reading the your posts on the other thread I feel under-prepared for my test on Friday. Going in to the final week of preparation do you have any advice?

btw im an allied health undergrad at UConn where I would like to also go for grad school
cGPA 3.44
pGPA 3.45

Well your GPA' are a little low so it's vital you nail this test to have a good chance.

Going into the final week should all be review... I wouldn't try and learn any new vocab. Just go through your word roots and math concepts. Maybe do a few problems on each moth concept everyday and see where your weaknesses lie.

A few days before the test just relax and run through your game plan and strategies in your head. Including your essay structures. At least this is what I did. I also had the Princeton review in addition to Kaplan premier and ets powerprep software.

Don't let my result influence your confidence though. You better believe I'm going to learn from my mistakes and nail the next test.

hey , i did a lot of practice tests from Kaplan and Princeton Review, scoring in the 315-320 range, and on my actual GRE I got a 157V and 163Q which is right on the money.

dhiren22patel, where did you get your practice tests? Anyone know any good sites where they provide a free test and score analysis? I've been through a bunch, but just wondering if anyone else has any extras :)

Kaplan and Princeton Review's websites. go to GRE and choose the free online or free event tests