GRE scores needed for pod schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a premed graduate whom is considering POD medical school. Is the GRE required for all schools?

Also how competitive is pod schools?
I have taken the MCAT but have a 20.
However, have a 3.8GPA in Human Biology/Chemistry and have 6.5 years of clinical experience (5yrs CNA and 1.5yrs Lab Technologist at MAYO).

Thank you for your input.

Luke :)

Members don't see this ad.

dude, ur in already. trust me. u can get accepted to pod school with pretty much any standardized test (MCAT, DAT, GRE, etc) and they're not very competetive. dont cha worry. ha i pretty much got accepted without applying!

omar

doclm said:
Hello,

I am a premed graduate whom is considering POD medical school. Is the GRE required for all schools?

Also how competitive is pod schools?
I have taken the MCAT but have a 20.
However, have a 3.8GPA in Human Biology/Chemistry and have 6.5 years of clinical experience (5yrs CNA and 1.5yrs Lab Technologist at MAYO).

Thank you for your input.

Luke :)

The GRE is not "required" for any POD school. The MCAT is preferred. Your score and GPA is fine. You're competitive with those numbers.

LCR

Members don't see this ad :)
omaralt said:
dude, ur in already. trust me. u can get accepted to pod school with pretty much any standardized test (MCAT, DAT, GRE, etc) and they're not very competetive. dont cha worry. ha i pretty much got accepted without applying!

omar

What were your numbers? I am applying this year. I have taken the DAT.

Thanks in advance.

I actually managed to get waitlisted... I did apply very very late. I took the DAT

Hello,
Hopefully someone can give me some advice on assessing my chances of getting into podiatry school. I'm 27, I have been working for a podiatrist for about 2.5 years, I have a B.A. in psychology and an ASN (R.N.) degree, my overall GPA is about a 2.8. I have completed the pre-reqs for podiatry school and I am getting ready to take the MCAT on the 20th of this month. On my practice MCAT tests I have been scoring b/w 18-20. With this info does anyone having any advice. Should I go ahead and apply to pod school this year for next years class or should I go back to school and raise the GPA. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks

buzz1848 said:
Hello,
Hopefully someone can give me some advice on assessing my chances of getting into podiatry school. I'm 27, I have been working for a podiatrist for about 2.5 years, I have a B.A. in psychology and an ASN (R.N.) degree, my overall GPA is about a 2.8. I have completed the pre-reqs for podiatry school and I am getting ready to take the MCAT on the 20th of this month. On my practice MCAT tests I have been scoring b/w 18-20. With this info does anyone having any advice. Should I go ahead and apply to pod school this year for next years class or should I go back to school and raise the GPA. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks

I think you'll be fine. It's not that expensive to apply anyways. I'd bet good money you get in no problem.