GRE subject/general

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Magoosh and also Manhattan prep 5 lb Book should give you plenty of practice with reading comprehension. I would take practice tests like nobodies business.

I just took the GRE last October and I had statistics related to the normal curve mainly.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

So first time doing a practice test for GRE. I bought the "GRE Verbal Reasoning Questions Volume 1" from the official site. I was only 30-40% successful on reading comprehension, but 85-100% successful on text completion and sentence equivalence. In the practice, there are easy, medium, and hard questions in each of these three sections. Obviously I should use these results to gauge what I need to practice on..but based on this, do you guys think I need to do a lot of studying or not so much?

So first time doing a practice test for GRE. I bought the "GRE Verbal Reasoning Questions Volume 1" from the official site. I was only 30-40% successful on reading comprehension, but 85-100% successful on text completion and sentence equivalence. In the practice, there are easy, medium, and hard questions in each of these three sections. Obviously I should use these results to gauge what I need to practice on..but based on this, do you guys think I need to do a lot of studying or not so much?

It's great you are doing so well on text completion! "A lot " is relative. I have met people who studied for an hour a day for 2 months and thought it was a lot. I studied 3-5hours a day for 2 months. I used whatever time I had. The thing is you want to get as many questions correct as possible so I'd practice as much as possible. Test day will be nerve racking so practice, practice, practice. Obviously work on comprehension the most and tap into other resources like Manhattan prep book of questions and such. Try to understand what it is about comprehension that is difficult (is it time, are you narrowing it down to at least 50/50 correctly...)Happy studying!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it better to take the general GRE or subject GRE if the school does not have any specific preferences and considers the results equally valuable?