GRE Test Prep Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laulee728

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would recommend some websites that offer free (great) practice exams and studying material for the GRE/GMAT? I would love to put down some cash to actually buy the books but I'm currently on a budget strain and that isn't an option for me at the moment.

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would recommend some websites that offer free (great) practice exams and studying material for the GRE/GMAT? I would love to put down some cash to actually buy the books but I'm currently on a budget strain and that isn't an option for me at the moment.

Thank you!!!
Check out the official GRE books by ETS from your local library. They contain practice questions that are written by the test makers:

The Official Guide to the GRE (2nd or 3rd edition)
Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 (1st or 2nd edition)
Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 (1st or 2nd edition)

As far as I am aware, there are not many differences between the editions that I have listed. The second edition of the Official Guide is missing a math review section, but you can get that from the Quantitative Reasoning volume. You should also check out the two practice exams available on ETS's website if you have not done so already.

I've heard mixed -- but mostly decent -- comments about the Kaplan practice test, and they apparently use their own practice test to qualify instructors. Manhattan Prep's test should also be good, especially for Quantitative Reasoning, if their books are any indication. However, the Princeton Review test is apparently easier than the official test.

That said, Manhattan Prep's 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems is excellent for Quantitative Reasoning if you need more practice in that section. If you can't get a clean copy from the library, then it can be purchased for ~$15 from Amazon.com.

Reactions: 1 user