Oct 21, 2011
Missouri
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
So I know that there have been posts in the past about how the GRE compares with GPA when applying to PT school and I wanted to start a post that might help people compare and contrast the two.

Oct 21, 2011
Missouri
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Verbal: 148
Quantitative: 148
A.W. : 3.5

GPA Cumulative: 3.7
GPA Prerequisite: 3.75

Applying to: Rockhurst, SBU, Missouri, Nebraska

Lets keep this thread going and provide feedback wherever needed. Thanks! :thumbup:

About the Ads
Oct 21, 2011
Missouri
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I have already posted on that thread but it is getting rather large and difficult to search through. I thought some people would appreciate a new thread regarding stats with the new revised GRE format. Thank you for your opinion though! ;)

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
Status
Rehab Sci Student
I think this is a great thread and one that should be posted yearly so current applicants can see where they stand. The old GPA/GRE sticky dates back to 2007, and a lot has changed for the profession since then.

Undergrad: The University of Texas at Austin
Undergrad GPA: 3.08
Grad School: University of Houston
Grad GPA: 4.0

PTCAS GPA: 3.18
GRE (old scale): 1030, 4.0 Writing

Applied: University of New England, UNC Chapel Hill, AT Still University, Texas Women's University, University of North Texas, San Diego State University, University of St. Augustine (Austin), Virginia Commonwealth University

Interviewed: UNE, USA (Austin)
Rejected: UNC, TWU, UNT, VCU
Accepted: UNE, ATSU, SDSU, USA (Austin)
Attending: SDSU! Aztecs Wassup!

Sep 20, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I have already posted on that thread but it is getting rather large and difficult to search through. I thought some people would appreciate a new thread regarding stats with the new revised GRE format. Thank you for your opinion though! ;)
I don't beleive Cherokee was providing a opinion, but reminding you of the TOS. The sticky thread is used to minimize the amount of individuals posting their GPA/GRE sporadically. Which would be harder? Searching throughout a year of individual posts scattered in the forum speaking on this topic or going straight to a source that contains the specific info your are asking.

The old GPA/GRE sticky dates back to 2007, and a lot has changed for the profession since then.
Granite the posts date as far back as 2007, however the recent posts (Nov 2011- New GRE) is on page 18 and goes through to 22. Thats 4 pages.

Thank You! :)

Oct 21, 2011
Missouri
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
ABurleyMan, you are correct in stating that the older thread contains this information supplied by my thread. However, the information provided is outdated and takes time to sort through the responses. Having this new thread would help substantially in providing an easy and efficient way to access new information. I am sorry that you are unhappy with this new thread but I assure that it is for the better.:D

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
Status
Rehab Sci Student
I can still see the potential benefits of posting a yearly GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES for each application cycle. It would just make it easier for new applicants to navigate through. If the current thread is so easy to use, why do I constantly see posts about "What are my chances?" Stats are posted in aims of gauging where they stand, which is what the GPA/GRE/etc. sticky is supposed to be used for. I don't know if this will solve that problem, but it's worth a try. The only thing I would change is maybe the timing of the posting. Seeing as how this year's cycle is over, I would probably post this type of thread around November 2012

CherokeeWahine

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2011
Status
Physical Therapist
I can still see the potential benefits of posting a yearly GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES for each application cycle. It would just make it easier for new applicants to navigate through. If the current thread is so easy to use, why do I constantly see posts about "What are my chances?" Stats are posted in aims of gauging where they stand, which is what the GPA/GRE/etc. sticky is supposed to be used for. I don't know if this will solve that problem, but it's worth a try. The only thing I would change is maybe the timing of the posting. Seeing as how this year's cycle is over, I would probably post this type of thread around November 2012
You see a lot of the "what are my chances" threads because unfortunately, some people don't have any etiquette on this forum (that same lack of etiquette is why the moderators continue to have to move pre-PT posts from the PT forum to this one...)

Unfortunately, some people will not learn and will continue to post threads with their individual stats. If this thread works for you, use it. But don't be surprised if other users still post "what are my chances" threads.

Sep 20, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
You see a lot of the "what are my chances" threads because unfortunately, some people don't have any ETIQUETTE on this forum (that same lack of etiquette is why the moderators continue to have to move pre-PT posts from the PT forum to this one...) :thumbup:

Unfortunately, some people will not learn and will continue to post threads with their individual stats. If this thread works for you, use it. But don't be surprised if other users still post "what are my chances" threads.
S402651 I am NOT unhappy, actually I am very :laugh: ! I apologize if my words written conveyed that assumption. Etiquette is truly what I was suggesting. I have no issue with this thread or you seeking help, just trying to imply some simplicity.
Perseverance/Tenacity you mention a helpful idea, I would suggest you contact DancerFutureDPT to discuss its implementation.

Are there any answers to my question from earlier? Which is harder? Or How could it be easier?

Oct 21, 2011
Missouri
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
PTgt, the main goal of this thread was not to see whether schools have specific GRE requirements. Rather, the main objective was to obtain more information about how the GRE score weighs against the applicants GPA when considering for admissions. I appreciate your post. Thank You.:D

Feb 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Some schools want high GRE scores. Others barely look at them at all and care only about GPA. It all depends on the school and there isn't a clear cut way to find out. You can always contact admissions and see if they'll help you. Another way to find out would be to just look through the stats of previous classes. Schools that don't care as much about GRE scores might have a lower GRE of accepted students while a school that cares a lot about a GRE score would have a higher one.

Feb 17, 2012
Status
DPT / OTD
PTgt, the main goal of this thread was not to see whether schools have specific GRE requirements. Rather, the main objective was to obtain more information about how the GRE score weighs against the applicants GPA when considering for admissions. I appreciate your post. Thank You.:D
Not sure which page PTgt linked to (didn't click link), but I believe he was referring to the fact that UIC has a specific formula for ranking applicants. I think GRE is worth 20% of the total score. My understanding is that if you were the applicant with the highest GRE, you would then receive a 20% towards your applicant rank. Lower scores would rank accordingly. They can do this because they have a hard deadline for their application cycle (no rolling admissions).

Oct 26, 2012
Status
MD/PhD Student
Asking for a friend... Could you post the rest of UIC's formula (the link won't work for me)? and do you know if any other Chicago schools use formulas and what are they? Thanks!

About the Ads