Gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am in mt MA in clinical psychology, i am applying to my Psy.D and Ph.D next fall 2011, when should i take my GRE test? has anyone heard of Sherwood test prep?? im think of doing those classes.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd suggest taking it as soon as you feel well-prepared and ready. Getting it out of the way early will allow you to focus on the other components of your applications, while also giving you the opportunity to re-take it should you not be happy with your scores.

Hi -

I too am starting to study for GREs and am hoping to take it in 2 months. Does anyone have any ideas for improving scores? I took it once and did not do very well on it. I've heard that you can study and improve your scores, but I wanted to know how frequently that is true. I hired a tutor this year, but any other suggestions?

Goodluck to everyone taking GREs!

Hi -

I too am starting to study for GREs and am hoping to take it in 2 months. Does anyone have any ideas for improving scores? I took it once and did not do very well on it. I've heard that you can study and improve your scores, but I wanted to know how frequently that is true. I hired a tutor this year, but any other suggestions?

Goodluck to everyone taking GREs!

Hi ClinChildPsy,

I am very confused by your post. Am I to understand you did not study for the test the first time? There are many many books on GRE test prep, similar to the ones you probably used to study for the SAT/ACT. Otherwise, if you have a tutor, I'd think that he/she would have better individualized suggestions than we could give.

And yes, studying does improve your score, but keep in mind that many programs will ask you to report all scores so those first ones will be on there too.

Best of luck!