Gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychguy76

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what GRE prep guides to use for studying?

Thanks!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what GRE prep guides to use for studying?

Thanks!
:)

I used the math prep book published by ETS because they use old tests. It is the best math prep book because it uses old tests and it is published by the test writers. It increased my score from 470 to 650 (old scale) over three attempts at the test. As for verbal prep, I used the kaplan boos series for verbal prep. ETS does not publish the words they use on their tests, so most guides guess. Now, I took the GRE six years ago, so took the old test. Hope this helps. And the GRE measures onely one thing: How good someone is at taking the GRE. Good luck.

Do a search on the forum. There are a ton of threads about GRE prep books.

I don't know which is the best, but I used the REA book. The "frequently used vocabulary" section was quite helpful. There were only a handful of words on the actual test with which I was not familiar.

Most decent guides should help you brush up on your math, which is generally the easier section to boost your score. After all, you learned most of it in high school already.

I got a 650 verbal and 760 quantitative on the old test. I'm not sure how the new test is, but I heard the verbal section got easier and the quantitative requires more calculations. Good luck!