Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Great experience

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by healer?, Nov 18, 1999.

1. healer?

healer? New Member

I spent an afternoon earlier this week with a DO to try to find out if osteopathy is the right thing for me or not. I came out of the afternoon ecstatic about the idea of me becoming a DO! The manipulations were incredible, the patients were so pleased with their care, the doctor was wonderful with the patients, and there was so much actual physical patient contact.

I just wanted to let anyone who is skeptical about osteopathy know that they should definately spend some time with a DO. I think you find out very quickly whether you really want to (and should) pursue a DO degree.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. peds

peds Junior Member

i deffintley agree, after i shadowed a d.o. i knew it was what i wanted to do. i was so amazed with all she could see with her eyes and hands. it is awesome

4. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    I agree totally, I shadowed a D.O. for about three months, and am full fledged D.O. interested. I am so glad as for having the experience...