Great tips for entering your "Work/Activities" for AMCAS

Started by SailCrazy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've constructed crosswords for the last few years and making and solving them is a major hobby of mine. So far, I've published three of them in the New York Times and one in my school's alumni magazine. I was also the subject of an article in a major newspaper where I discussed my hobby.

Is this worth including in my AMCAS application?
 
I did post this question a little while back along with my whole list of activities, but would like to clarify this point.

So I've been volunteering at a hospital and have been shadowing doctors and nurses in between (about 25% of total time volunteered). Basically, I've volunteered in Pediatrics (~55 hrs), Emergency Room (~60 hrs), and Critical Care (so far 8-10 hrs) spanned over ~ 2 years.

Would I just give the breakdown and explain that I volunteered and shadowed together?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this has been asked before.
-genius247
 
I've constructed crosswords for the last few years and making and solving them is a major hobby of mine. So far, I've published three of them in the New York Times and one in my school's alumni magazine. I was also the subject of an article in a major newspaper where I discussed my hobby.

Is this worth including in my AMCAS application?
I would consider that a unique hobby. And the fact that you're published is impressive. Include it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been volunteering at a hospital and have been shadowing doctors and nurses in between (about 25% of total time volunteered). Basically, I've volunteered in Pediatrics (~55 hrs), Emergency Room (~60 hrs), and Critical Care (so far 8-10 hrs) spanned over ~ 2 years.

Would I just give the breakdown and explain that I volunteered and shadowed together?
You can list it one of two ways. Either the way you've described above under Community Service-Medical/Clinical, being careful to name the activity Clinical Experience/Shadowing to be sure the shadowing component won't be missed. Or, alternatively, you may carve out the shadowing hours and list them separately under Other, naming it Health-Professional Shadowing (if you want to include the nursing), or Physician Shadowing, if not.
 
I have had several chemistry tutoring jobs throughout college. I worked for the chemistry department for one quarter in exchange for credit, then got a job for the next two quarters as a paid tutor in a learning center. The quarter after that I taught an adjunct general chemistry class to freshmen. Should I include all this under one item or break it up into separate activities?
 
I have had several chemistry tutoring jobs throughout college. I worked for the chemistry department for one quarter in exchange for credit, then got a job for the next two quarters as a paid tutor in a learning center. The quarter after that I taught an adjunct general chemistry class to freshmen. Should I include all this under one item or break it up into separate activities?
If you are tight on spaces, you could list all three under Teaching, outlining the dates, hours/week of involvement, and the volunteer or job status, with appropriate contacts.

Alternatively, you could put the tutoring together and list the teaching of Gen Chem on its own, since it's a whole other level of involvement.

Alternatively, if you are low on community service, list all three separately.

Any choice is equally correct.
 
Thanks for the answer 🙂

Should I include "what I learned from this..." or "why this was important to me..." stuff in the activity summaries if it's something that didn't make it into my PS or is this space only for objective summaries of what I did and what my responsibilities were?
 
What would be the best way to provide contact information if I am listing three volunteering experiences in one box? The "Contact/organization name spaces" don't provide enough space.
 
There's one more thing I'm debating on putting into my work/activities.

I played Starcraft (a very competitive and deeply strategic computer game) at a very high level when I was in college in 2001/2002. Although it contributed to me getting a GPA of about 1.8 that year (I've since brought it up to 3.5 with a sGPA of 3.98ish), I did well enough at a national tournament in 2002 that I won a free trip to S.Korea to compete in the international finals for a $100,000 grand prize. Although I didn't actually go (I wasn't a serious contender for the prize and couldn't get out of work), it demonstrates that while I was totally slacking off with school I was at least working hard towards something.

Is this something that most adcoms would totally not understand and look down on or is it worth including? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and come off as even more of a slacker.
 
There's one more thing I'm debating on putting into my work/activities.

I played Starcraft (a very competitive and deeply strategic computer game) at a very high level when I was in college in 2001/2002. Although it contributed to me getting a GPA of about 1.8 that year (I've since brought it up to 3.5 with a sGPA of 3.98ish), I did well enough at a national tournament in 2002 that I won a free trip to S.Korea to compete in the international finals for a $100,000 grand prize. Although I didn't actually go (I wasn't a serious contender for the prize and couldn't get out of work), it demonstrates that while I was totally slacking off with school I was at least working hard towards something.

Is this something that most adcoms would totally not understand and look down on or is it worth including? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and come off as even more of a slacker.

I'm not sure I would put this down. Honestly I don't think they care for video gaming as much.

Esp. if it came at that big of an expense to your grades. It looks more like it became an obssession rather then a past time.
 
honors society -- specifically alpha sigma nu and phi beta kappa --

do i mention them as separate activities? (i do have the space.. puts me right at 15 activities)

and is just listing them enough, i mean i haven't done anything actively it is basically just an honor.. should i explain a little about the society or is it assumed that the adcoms are fully aware ? (don't want to risk saying the obvious.. at the same time feels a little weird to leave it blank)


also -- is 15 activities looked down upon?

(they are all pretty significant IMO but that's also b/c i've spent the time. i mean i have a few club's - AED/AMSA - but i'm a national member and actively participated in them for 2 years, so even though i was just a member it feels like if i don't list it it is all for nothing. also, i took an emt course but never did anything with it.. i know they like it when you apply it but this was as a freshman and as i was just starting out, and i guess i got busy with a lot of other activities and volunteering so i never real had the chance to explore it further.. but that was an entire summer and $1000K so i would also feel like it was for nothing if i didn't list it) -- opinion??
 
When I did my master research, I had to write monthly reports to the company who was funding this research. I also had to make two presentations for them outlining my research progress.

These reports and presentations were time consuming and justifying the research to a company, which is only interested in $$ was sort of difficult some times. These type of presentations are usually done by supervisors and not students so it was an interesting experience.

I have an extra spot left. Should I include this in one of my activities or not include it because it may be considered irrelevant (i.e-padding)?
 
I have another question. When I was doing my graduate school research, I usually spent 12-13 hours a day x 6 days a week. Will the ADCOMS think I am bull****ing if I put down 70 hours a week? Should I just put down closer to 40-50 hours a week to be on the safe side?
 
I have another question. When I was doing my graduate school research, I usually spent 12-13 hours a day x 6 days a week. Will the ADCOMS think I am bull****ing if I put down 70 hours a week? Should I just put down closer to 40-50 hours a week to be on the safe side?

No they will not think you are bull****ting. And if you want to explain then all you need to do is put in the description what you said here about 12-13 hours/day.

Research jobs are as time consuming as any full time job so I'm sure they will realize this is not bs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
honors society -- specifically alpha sigma nu and phi beta kappa --

do i mention them as separate activities? (i do have the space.. puts me right at 15 activities)

and is just listing them enough, i mean i haven't done anything actively it is basically just an honor.. should i explain a little about the society or is it assumed that the adcoms are fully aware ? (don't want to risk saying the obvious.. at the same time feels a little weird to leave it blank)


also -- is 15 activities looked down upon?

(they are all pretty significant IMO but that's also b/c i've spent the time. i mean i have a few club's - AED/AMSA - but i'm a national member and actively participated in them for 2 years, so even though i was just a member it feels like if i don't list it it is all for nothing. also, i took an emt course but never did anything with it.. i know they like it when you apply it but this was as a freshman and as i was just starting out, and i guess i got busy with a lot of other activities and volunteering so i never real had the chance to explore it further.. but that was an entire summer and $1000K so i would also feel like it was for nothing if i didn't list it) -- opinion??

If you have 5 relevant activities that you think are important to mention, mention only 5. If you have 15 or 15 with multiple activities grouped but you think they are important mention 15.

It won't be looked down upon. It is just an upper limit so people don't give a list of 30 or 50 activties.

Leave the honor socieites grouped together if you can't really say something significant about them separately.

You can still mention the EMT-B because you got training and certification that can help you but only if you think its worth it.
 
1) honors society -- specifically alpha sigma nu and phi beta kappa --do i mention them as separate activities? (i do have the space.. puts me right at 15 activities)

and is just listing them enough, i mean i haven't done anything actively it is basically just an honor.. should i explain a little about the society or is it assumed that the adcoms are fully aware ?

2)also -- is 15 activities looked down upon? (they are all pretty significant IMO but that's also b/c i've spent the time. i mean i have a few club's - AED/AMSA - but i'm a national member and actively participated in them for 2 years, so even though i was just a member it feels like if i don't list it it is all for nothing.

3) also, i took an emt course but never did anything with it.. but that was an entire summer and $1000K so i would also feel like it was for nothing if i didn't list it)
1) List your Honors, Awards, and Scholarships in a single space together. Honor society requirements vary from chapter to chapter, so put a brief line about what it takes to qualify for each.

2) Having 15 significant activities is not looked down on. Having fluff listed would be. Clubs don't help much if you weren't in a leadership position or using it to get community service opportunities, but if you were an active member, go ahead and list them.

3) The EMT courswork is already listed on your transcript (or should be), so mentioning it again when you never used it seems superfluous. However, many list it anyway and go into detail about the patient contact it provided, to add to their clinical experience.
 
When I did my master research, I had to write monthly reports to the company who was funding this research. I also had to make two presentations for them outlining my research progress.

These reports and presentations were time consuming and justifying the research to a company, which is only interested in $$ was sort of difficult some times. These type of presentations are usually done by supervisors and not students so it was an interesting experience.

I have an extra spot left. Should I include this in one of my activities or not include it because it may be considered irrelevant (i.e-padding)?
I would not list this.
 
Shadowing a family member is perfectly acceptable, so include those hours. Just don't have him write you a LOR, as that would not be appropriate.
Final question: Should I mention in my description that he is my uncle? Is that unnecessary? Or is it deceptive if I don't?
 
Final question: Should I mention in my description that he is my uncle? Is that unnecessary? Or is it deceptive if I don't?

I'm pretty sure it is irrelevent to mention his relations to you. I just listed the names of the doctors and types in shadowing and that is what others I've reviewed the activities section for did as well. so that's what I'd do.
 
I have been doing freelance web designing and development for the past several years since high school. I just do it as a part time hobby whenever I have free time. It's not on a regular schedule or anything, but just one of my interests.

Should I include this in my activities?
 
I have been doing freelance web designing and development for the past several years since high school. I just do it as a part time hobby whenever I have free time. It's not on a regular schedule or anything, but just one of my interests.

Should I include this in my activities?

You can list it as hobbies/avocations if you want.
 
You can list it one of two ways. Either the way you've described above under Community Service-Medical/Clinical, being careful to name the activity Clinical Experience/Shadowing to be sure the shadowing component won't be missed. Or, alternatively, you may carve out the shadowing hours and list them separately under Other, naming it Health-Professional Shadowing (if you want to include the nursing), or Physician Shadowing, if not.

I think I'm just going to list it together making sure to title it well. Thank you for clarifying.

I am a certified EMT-B in New Jersey. I didn't take the course at a community college, but through NJOEMS - where a course was offered at a local hospital. Do I need to list this course and submit a transcript? I can only view a student transcript online if I login at NJOEMS, there is no official transcript. I was just going to list my experience as an EMT in my activities and indicate where I took the course. But after reading a few posts in this thread I've been wondering if this is ok.

Thank you,
-genius247
 
I am a certified EMT-B in New Jersey. I didn't take the course at a community college, but through NJOEMS - where a course was offered at a local hospital. Do I need to list this course and submit a transcript? I can only view a student transcript online if I login at NJOEMS, there is no official transcript. I was just going to list my experience as an EMT in my activities and indicate where I took the course. But after reading a few posts in this thread I've been wondering if this is ok.
Here is what AMCAS saays:

AMCAS instruction manual: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2011amcasinstructions.pdf

p 19.
The Schools Attended section allows you to list every post-secondary institution where you were enrolled for at least one course, even if credits have been transferred or if no credits were earned.

Colleges
List every post-secondary institution where you were enrolled for at least one course, even if
credits have been transferred, no credits were earned, or you withdrew.

p 22.
Transcript Requirements

One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian post-secondary institution at which you have attempted course work, regardless of whether credit was earned. This includes but is not limited to:​
• College-level courses attempted while in high school, even if they did not count toward a degree at any college.

​
​
• Colleges at which you originally attempted a course, even if transfer credit was subsequently accepted by another school.
​


•Colleges where you registered but did not earn any credit (e.g., incompletes, withdrawals, failures, audits, etc.).
​


•Courses that did not count toward a degree, regardless of whether credit was earned or transferred.
​


•Extension programs through which you attempted courses, if a separate transcript is provided by the Extension Division.
​


• Correspondence and home study programs.
​

• Military education.
​

•American schools overseas.​

​
​
• U.S., U.S. Territorial, and Canadian medical schools.

I'm sorry to open up a can of worms for you, but if you're required to report a home-study course, I think you'll need to report a hospital-based course. You could call or email AMCAS to clarify. If no official transcript is available, the instruction book says a letter saying so should be sent.
​
 
What do you do about future activities? For example I will be presenting a poster in August this year at my university, and at a big conference next year. Should I be listing these things? The August presentation should be before any interviews.

This question is also related to coursework. Should I list the courses I plan on taking in FALL before I submit? Or will I have the opportunity to update those later on?
 
1) What do you do about future activities? For example I will be presenting a poster in August this year at my university, and at a big conference next year. Should I be listing these things? The August presentation should be before any interviews.

2) This question is also related to coursework. Should I list the courses I plan on taking in FALL before I submit? Or will I have the opportunity to update those later on?
1)If the poster has been accepted for presentation, you can mention that at the end of the Research section, but since the presentation has not yet occurred, you would not give it its own space. You can mention the presentation in a future update letter. I've seen it said that presentations at regional or national meetings are what get you the points, not local meetings. So you might wait to report it wait until after the "big" conference.

2) Yes, you should list future anticipated coursework and mark it as "future." AMCAS does not let you update that portion of your application.
 
if i described part of some activities in my personal statement, do i want to rephrase the same elements in the coursework (obviously in addition to other things too)

i know it seems a bit redundant, but i want to make sure that these elements are not lost in relation to this activity. for example, research taught me patience - this is something i said poetically in the personal statement, but in coursework im laundry listing a few of the skills research taught me - to or to not relist patience?

thanks!
 
Last edited:
if i described part of some activities in my personal statement, do i want to rephrase the same elements in the coursework (obviously in addition to other things too)

i know it seems a bit redundant, but i want to make sure that these elements are not lost in relation to this activity. for example, research taught me patience - this is something i said poetically in the personal statement, but in coursework im laundry listing a few of the skills research taught me - to or to not relist patience?
I would not mention the patience twice.
 
I had sort of a similar question as up there^

I presented my work my university's own "convention" where research students presented their work.

How should I mention that? Is it considered a "publication" or a very minor thing I should just mention in the research section?
 
I presented my work my university's own "convention" where research students presented their work.

How should I mention that? Is it considered a "publication" or a very minor thing I should just mention in the research section?
This is not a publication (even if a summary appeared in a campus journal), but rather a presentation. You can list it under Presentation, mentioning title, your role, that it was a Campus event, name of conference, city, dates.

Alternatively, if you are short on space, you could mention it at the end of the Research entry instead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is not a publication (even if a summary appeared in a campus journal), but rather a presentation. You can list it under Presentation, mentioning title, your role, that it was a Campus event, name of conference, city, dates.

Alternatively, if you are short on space, you could mention it at the end of the Research entry instead.

That's kind of interesting because I have a few of those, but I didn't think that counted. If I presented at a major conference (I had a poster), but the abstract itself had to be accepted beforehand (it's published on their site), where do I include the experience. Is it an abstract or presentation?

I was also wondering if we can leave some spaces blank when filling out the activities section. For example, I have no contact for some of my hobbies or organization name. Other times I don't include the average amount of hours because it would be misleading, instead explaining everything in the body. Because of multiple experiences in one box, I resort to leaving the contact field blank, and adding the multiple contacts at the bottom of the body paragraph. Would all this be acceptable? Or do I really need to include hours etc in every box because having it in the body is not good enough?
 
Yes you can. Dont write things you have not done. For the most part your letters should be descriptive and match the app. Communicate with the LOR writer
 
That's kind of interesting because I have a few of those, but I didn't think that counted. If I presented at a major conference (I had a poster), but the abstract itself had to be accepted beforehand (it's published on their site), where do I include the experience. Is it an abstract or presentation?

I was also wondering if we can leave some spaces blank when filling out the activities section. For example, I have no contact for some of my hobbies or organization name. Other times I don't include the average amount of hours because it would be misleading, instead explaining everything in the body. Because of multiple experiences in one box, I resort to leaving the contact field blank, and adding the multiple contacts at the bottom of the body paragraph. Would all this be acceptable? Or do I really need to include hours etc in every box because having it in the body is not good enough?
If you mean that you had a few campus Presentations, it's true that they are not much regarded compared to a regional or national meeting presentation. If you did present the same material at a larger conference, I wouldn't give campus presentation its own space, rather, I'd just mention it in the Research section and save Presentations/Posters for the major conference.

An abstract published on-line or in a campus journal shouldn't be listed under Publications. That designation should be saved for a nationally-distributed paper journal. If a single project results in both a presentation/poster and a publication, then publication being the more important, you could just mention the presentation in the Research or Publication narrative and not give it its own space.


It's fine to leave spaces blank and explain things more accurately in the narrative. What you've described is what I'd have suggested you do in those situations. A contact isn't always possible, so don't worry about it.
 
Sorry if this was asked before, but can anyone suggest ways to title the experience name?

I don't want to be redundant and say American Red Cross for the Experience Name AND the organization name.
 
Would it be alright to put that I participated in the American Institute of Chemical Engineers National Student Design Competition in the Work/Activities section even though the winners won't be announced until later in the year?

Thanks.
 
It's fine to leave spaces blank and explain things more accurately in the narrative. What you've described is what I'd have suggested you do in those situations. A contact isn't always possible, so don't worry about it.

I was also just thinking of filling in the average number of hours, and than explaining more fully in the narrative. It's still kind of tricky, because if you've been doing something for 6-7 years, there are times you were off etc.

If I've been doing research for a while, should I break things down by year/project/semester or something? Not sure, if they expect that sort of thing.
 
If I've been doing research for a while, should I break things down by year/project/semester or something? Not sure, if they expect that sort of thing.
I'd probably break it down by the lab. If you had, say, three projects with the same PI, I'd put all them in the same space, as they all have the same contact info/location, and a single date spread. A brief project in another lab or venue would be listed separately. If you need more room, you could break it down further by calendar year or academic year. There's no wrong way to do it. And how much you condense or spread things out will depend on how tight you are for spaces.
 
I'd probably break it down by the lab. If you had, say, three projects with the same PI, I'd put all them in the same space, as they all have the same contact info/location, and a single date spread. A brief project in another lab or venue would be listed separately. If you need more room, you could break it down further by calendar year or academic year. There's no wrong way to do it. And how much you condense or spread things out will depend on how tight you are for spaces.

Well, I broke it down by lab (Biology, Chemistry etc), so I'm glad that's acceptable. There were multiple projects for each lab, I'll probably pick and choose and talk about one or two briefly because it would be too much to mention all of them (I've been working for a long time), I hope that's not against the rules.

But, it's the average amount of hours that I'm worried about. There were periods I was working 35-40 hours/per week (8 hours per day 5 days). Other times I it was lighter like 9 hours, not to mention some period of time I was on vacation. It works out to about 15 hours/per week average, but it's still not exactly indicative of everything. I'll try to explain it in the narrative I suppose, hopefully they'll understand
 
I took an EMT course one summer and found it to be a good experience. The instructors were great, I learned a lot from the course and did a lot of ride-alongs, it was just a good experience overall. However, I have not worked as an EMT after taking the course because the local EMS service requires you to make a certain number of years commitment (they pay for additional training for you) and I would be moving out before that amount of time. I'm sure if I'd looked hard enough, I could have found somewhere to work, but anyways, the point is the same - I took the course, thought it was a good experience and interesting exposure to one aspect emergency medicine, but never really did anything with it.

Will it look bad to list the course if I haven't done anything with it? I don't have to list it since it wasn't for credit and no transcript was produced as a result of taking it.
 
A second question:

I have a variety of honor societies and awards. They are:
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Unnamed national honor society 1 (less prestigious than Phi Beta Kappa, but I'm not posting too much detail on SDN)
- Unnamed national honor society 2
- Deans list every semester
- University award for academic performance in first year
- Small (sub-$2000) scholarship awarded by my department at my university based on academic performance, leadership, etc

I've kind of gotten the understanding that as far as honor societies go, Phi Beta Kappa is more prestigious by far than others. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would it be reasonable to list Phi Beta Kappa by itself, and then make a second entry called "Additional Awards and Honors" where I group everything else together?

Or maybe the departmental scholarship should be listed separately too, because it is a scholarship ($$$$) not just a recognition?

in summary... should I choose:
1. PBK as one entry, everything else together
2. PBK as one entry, departmental scholarship as another, everything else lumped together in a 3rd entry
3. some other combination
 
i would just use one slot for them all, with the most important ones listed first.

also, i wouldnt list your EMT course.
 
There were periods I was working 35-40 hours/per week (8 hours per day 5 days). Other times I it was lighter like 9 hours, not to mention some period of time I was on vacation. It works out to about 15 hours/per week average, but it's still not exactly indicative of everything. I'll try to explain it in the narrative I suppose, hopefully they'll understand
Explaining the true variation in the narrative is the right thing to do.
 
Hey, a couple of questions:

1) How do ADCOMS look at fraternity involvement? I was part of a professional business Fraternity and was community service chair for one quarter. I learned a lot about being professional, and it provided me the social aspect of college. Should I include it?

2) For hobbies, I like to work out (about 3 times a week) to stay in shape and feel good about myself. Fitness is pretty important to me. Is this something that I should include? I also like to golf and play computer games (ie. Starcraft) recreationally. Should these be included as well and under the same hobby list or should I leave them out?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) How do ADCOMS look at fraternity involvement? I was part of a professional business Fraternity and was community service chair for one quarter. I learned a lot about being professional, and it provided me the social aspect of college. Should I include it?

2) For hobbies, I like to work out (about 3 times a week) to stay in shape and feel good about myself. Fitness is pretty important to me. Is this something that I should include? I also like to golf and play computer games (ie. Starcraft) recreationally. Should these be included as well and under the same hobby list or should I leave them out?
1) Members of adcomms will have variable opinions based on their own past experiences. Considering stereotypes, mentioning the social component of frat life may not be in your best interests. If you choose to list it, focus on the good accomplished by the service component and the benefits of belonging for a business major.

2) Adcomms like to know that you have leisure-time activities that help relieve stress. I'd list all hobbies/avocations in a single space. Those you've mentioned are fine.
 
I have conducted a year long research project in which:

1) I completed an Honors Thesis Dissertation (Honors)
2) My work was included in a publication (Publication)
3) A post doc Lab representative from my group presented a poster in Canada which included my work from the publication (Presentation)
4) Attained the Fall semester Undergraduate Research Scholarship for the research work. (Scholarship, Award)
5) Presented the Dissertation for my Honors thesis (Presentation)
6) The year long research description (Research)

Should I list these activities separately? Also should I include #3, eventhough I did not present it myself but my work was sited??

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
 
Don't use a box for honor roll. If a club you joined was meaningful in some way to you, then add that.

Is there a difference between honor roll and Dean's list? I used it in one of my boxes, but I gave an explanation as to why. I compressed other stuff into single boxes, even multiple work experiences because I didn't have space. But decided to include the dean's list more for the explanation than the award itself.
 
I have conducted a year long research project in which:

1) I completed an Honors Thesis Dissertation (Honors)
2) My work was included in a publication (Publication)
3) A post doc Lab representative from my group presented a poster in Canada which included my work from the publication (Presentation)
4) Attained the Fall semester Undergraduate Research Scholarship for the research work. (Scholarship, Award)
5) Presented the Dissertation for my Honors thesis (Presentation)
6) The year long research description (Research)

Should I list these activities separately? Also should I include #3, eventhough I did not present it myself but my work was sited??

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

If you have room to do so you, you could list the 1 and 6 portion of this list as Research/Lab and then title it Thesis dissertation. This is not an award it is a graded part of your degree. So I wouldn't put that under awards.

2. You can list it as a publication and in the publication section you can make a note of 3, that a poster was presented which cited you as well. So group the two

4. Put the scholarship under awards.

5. You can either put this separately or combine it with the research/lab thing. I would just put it under 1 and 6 and group it together because its not like a presentation at a conference or anything.

But you can also see what catalystik has to say. They are the new knower of all since LizzyM stepped out of this thread and handed over the reigns. 🙂
 
An article was written about me and my research in the school newspaper. Should I include that with my research description? if so, how? Should I provide a web link to that article?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.