Green Card Lottery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the application online but there seems to be many different agencies that conducts the lottery. Which one is legit? Is there not a government site that handles the green card lottery? When is the earliest date I can apply for the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

www.immigration.gov

That's the official site, you can download the apps and submit them yourself without help from any service or agent or lawyer.

Good luck!

None of the services that "help" you in the lottery are legit in the sense that they increase your chances of getting a GC. Applying for the lottery takes five-ten minutes tops.

I believe it will open in september/october. The actual website for the lottery will be at:

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

If you were smart enough to graduate from medschool and you are not completely computer inept, you can do it yourself for free. There are plenty of crooks out there trying to make a quick $50 off people who they can talk into doubting their own intelligence.

The only thing you have to be careful about is that you scan or acquire the image with exactly the DPI and size specified. If it says 300x300 it won't accept 301x298.