Med school in UK residency in US (citizen vs green card)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolrunnings22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am a UK citizen, did undergrad in the US and have just been accepted to a UK medical program. My goal is to return to the US for residency in 4 years.

My wife is a US citizen so I could get a green card and I know this would help me. Is there any difference between a green card holder and a citizen in terms of residency applications? I know the outcome data differentiates between citizens and non citizens, but it doesn't split green card holders. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all

I am a UK citizen, did undergrad in the US and have just been accepted to a UK medical program. My goal is to return to the US for residency in 4 years.

My wife is a US citizen so I could get a green card and I know this would help me. Is there any difference between a green card holder and a citizen in terms of residency applications? I know the outcome data differentiates between citizens and non citizens, but it doesn't split green card holders. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

No difference.