Green Card Question

Started by Yewnorkk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yewnorkk

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

Quick question - at what point in the application cycle do I need to verify my green card? None of the secondaries that I've submitted thus far have asked or even mentioned it. Do I just bring it along to interviews, or should I take it upon myself to contact each school individually, and perhaps e-mail a picture of it?

Thank you!
 
Hey everyone!

Quick question - at what point in the application cycle do I need to verify my green card? None of the secondaries that I've submitted thus far have asked or even mentioned it. Do I just bring it along to interviews, or should I take it upon myself to contact each school individually, and perhaps e-mail a picture of it?

Thank you!
If you have indicated that you are a permanent resident, you may be asked for your "green card" when you interview or when you are accepted.
 
If I recall correctly, they requested a copy of my green card about a month after I submitted my secondary. I only applied to one school, so other institutions could have different policies.