Greetings from Southern California

Started by JeffChou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JeffChou

Your mom goes to college
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope you all are doing well this winter. I just wanted to gloat about how I wore a jacket to class today but realized that I totally didn't need it because it was 78 degrees Fahrenheit by 9:30 AM

🙂

52864443_691ce1003d.jpg



I suppose this can work as motivation for those interested in applying to SCCO (too bad I didn't).
 
Ohhh man that is crazy! I think it was in the high 60s here today in the SF bay area.

But I don't know, I wanna say that I prefer seasons...or maybe I just love winter clothing shopping hehe.
 
I bet if you wore your winter clothing to where i'm from (good ol Edmonton Alberta Canada), you'd end up a popsicle! We're supposed to go down to -20 degrees celsius by mid week...and about a month ago we were at -40 degrees celsius with windchill, and if i'm not mistaken, that also means -40 degrees fahrenheit! I was just in Southern California for an interview and it was sooo nice to escape this frozen world!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JeffChou is right - the weather here in Socal is very mild (all year long). It's very dry in fact...sometimes I wish there was rain once in a while though. It rained something like 5-6 times since I got here in August; and the rains weren't very hard either. But overall, it's a good perk to have mild weather all year long because sometimes rain can be depressing especially after being burdened with tons of exams...!
 
HAHA thats true, my idea of winter clothing is a few layers, and a nice coat...I'd probably freeze solid up there in canada!
well i do enjoy fall weather haha
 
IMG_4247.jpg


Weather for Los Angeles, CA

82°F
Clear
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 18%


😎 😎 😎 😎 😎
 
IT IS SOO BEAUTIFUL HERE (sf bay area)
People are bustin out their shorts , tshirts and sunglasses.

I will miss it next year 🙁
 
ooooh i'm so jealous of all you ppl in warm climates! it's -15C and snowing where I am now.

what am i thinking moving to and equally cold and probably more stormy place like Chicago? lol
 
For those who had -20 weather today, where in Canada are you at? I'm in edmonton and it was +10 today 😀
 
yeah damn it i wanna go to PCO cuz i have family in that area.. but man california weather seems soo tempting bah i cant decide
 
My spring break was last week and I visited southern CA with some friends - my roommate has family in Fullerton - and even though the weather was fantastic, the traffic SUCKS. It was probably the most stressful thing I've ever dealt with.

the only way I would go to SCCO is if my roommate's family let me stay with them - they live about 10 minutes from the campus 🙂 we drove by it a couple times!