gross pulpal debridement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RachMSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do a gross pulpal debridement? I was hoping one could tell me the steps on how to do it. I have one coming up and can't find anything in my lecture notes. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to do a gross pulpal debridement? I was hoping one could tell me the steps on how to do it. I have one coming up and can't find anything in my lecture notes. Thanks!

As in a pulpotomy? Anesthesia -> RD -> Access with SL round -> Break through to Pulp -> Extirpate -> Remove pulp until you see all the canals -> Calcium Hydroxide and Lidocaine -> IRM/CavitG

Or textbooks might be useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
As in a pulpotomy? Anesthesia -> RD -> Access with SL round -> Break through to Pulp -> Extirpate -> Remove pulp until you see all the canals -> Calcium Hydroxide and Lidocaine -> IRM/CavitG

You might want to put a cotton ball over the canals. Unless this is being done on a primary, the patient will come back to finish the RCT. I find it a bit interesting that you are about to perform a procedure that you have no clue about.

You might want to put a cotton ball over the canals. Unless this is being done on a primary, the patient will come back to finish the RCT. I find it a bit interesting that you are about to perform a procedure that you have no clue about.

I think we have all been in this position in dental school. Reading a textbook will not prepare you much, that is why you need to work closely with you clinical instructor.

I think we have all been in this position in dental school. Reading a textbook will not prepare you much, that is why you need to work closely with you clinical instructor.

I never scheduled a procedure without having prior knowledge, be it didactic, from the class or instructor. You certainly dont come on a student forum and ask how to do a procedure for the first time. This guy/girl has already had advice that could result in a blocked canal and failed root canal therapy.
Generally the student treatment plans and schedules the treatment accordingly. Im not trying to be a D_ck, but get real.

that sounds like a pulpectomy, not a pulpotomy