Grounds for deferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMCASTuesdays

I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Reaction score
So I’m probably going to get flamed for this, but given the state of the union right now do the grounds for asking for a deferral change at all? Am currently having some changes w my work status due to COVID, the end result being that I wont be saving as much as I’d planned going into the start of the year. And honestly, for personal reasons I really don’t see myself doing well with online learning at all and it seems like a lot of schools are going to be turning to that.
I’m sure a lot of people can relate to feeling a bit knocked off their feet right now. Its really depressing just thinking about having my work status change, loosing the few months I was going to finally get some vacation and relaxing in, and then starting the hardest period of my life on a whole different platform. Dunno, is there any hope for asking to defer matriculation?

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I think this is definitely a situation that is unprecedented and schools may be more lenient. I'd give it a shot. You deserve to enter when you feel your best and think you'll do as well as you can. It's a tough time, hang in there
love you.png

Reactions: 2 users
So I’m probably going to get flamed for this, but given the state of the union right now do the grounds for asking for a deferral change at all? Am currently having some changes w my work status due to COVID, the end result being that I wont be saving as much as I’d planned going into the start of the year. And honestly, for personal reasons I really don’t see myself doing well with online learning at all and it seems like a lot of schools are going to be turning to that.
I’m sure a lot of people can relate to feeling a bit knocked off their feet right now. Its really depressing just thinking about having my work status change, loosing the few months I was going to finally get some vacation and relaxing in, and then starting the hardest period of my life on a whole different platform. Dunno, is there any hope for asking to defer matriculation?
I think this is definitely a situation that is unprecedented and schools may be more lenient. I'd give it a shot. You deserve to enter when you feel your best and think you'll do as well as you can. It's a tough time, hang in there
View attachment 300863
I'll add that while there likely isn't too much harm in asking, they would almost certainly be forced to say no. Purely for the fact that "I'd rather not start med school online" is applicable to basically everyone and if they accommodate OP, they'd have to accommodate everyone else. Which is obviously not feasible. I also don't think they'd care much for "I would've liked to have had more money saved up before starting" as they'd simply expect you to take out loans regardless.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users