Group Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chippopotamus

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I shouldn’t dwell too much on the past, but I’ve been worrying about a group interview I had for a school recently with other interviewees. [deleted for anonmity] Thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If the question was just a polite follow-up on what another interviewee said, I'd imagine that wouldn't turn any heads. I would just think it indicates that you're listening in more depth than just what is necessary to determine the next thing to say. Then again, I haven't had a group interview yet so I haven't done much research into proper etiquette.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewers will note professionalism, and whether students chime in and try to be interviewers. Obviously if the questioning by you was aggressive or considered interrogating by nature, the would be noted. I would not worry as what you report by itself would not exclude you from admission. A good interviewer will run the group interview in such a way to encourage participation and enthusiasm. Group interviews can be tricky because participation will be graded and some students might worry if they participated enough.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you all for the replies! I will try to not worry too much and hope for the best.

Could you set up the scene better? How many faculty interviewers and how many candidates (including yourself)? How much time did you have, or was this informal?
[deleted to retain more anonymity]

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users